Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you take for JJ?
Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
They were just discussing a hypothetical trade of JJ to get into a position to rebuild the team and add a premium  QB of the future.   They were discussing 2 firsts,  2 seconds, and possibly another later round pick or two.  This years first rounder would have to be a top 10 in this scenario. 

Would you do it?  If not what would it take?  Or how little would you take?

Is the trade within our division…?  Wink :p  
I don't think Kwesi has traded with the Bears yet 

No.  You win in this league with stars. We aren't 13-4 without JJ this season.

He's untradable unless we're getting a young franchise QB back...  but no one would do that.

Next.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Ha. This is a futile effort. He about as untradeable of a player there is in the league. To put it in perspective the Vikings are going to end up paying him $30M or more annually and will make a good portion of that back based on marketing value alone before even factoring in his on-field performance. 

If they for some reason needed to negotiate this trade I would start with 3 first round picks. Jalen Ramsey went for two 1sts and a 4th. Jefferson is more valuable than that. 
The scenario is for two 1sts two 2nds and another pick. I believe that IS significantly more in return than the Ramsey deal. Depending on the trade partner and circumstance it's almost better to get the two additional 2nds than the additional 1st. 

Of course this isn't going to happen, but if I got the offer from the right team, I'm listening.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Non-diva, elite WR that still has so much room to grow.  I don't get the infatuation with picks.  So many busts.
this

also, not just the “bust factor” but not all “first rounders are created equal, top ten? bottom ten?

bottom line what are the odds of replacing a franchise type player with another, even if you have three or four chances at it

No, keep JJ, pay him, and thank God hes not your typical WR, prima donna “cryptic tweeting” douche bag.

Joke response: You want JJ? Nice franchise you have there. Hand it over.

Actual response:  We have a 23-year-old, record setting NFL OPOY and some people want to trade him now because in another 3 years his cap hit will be expensive.  Are you $&*(%%^((*$#@#&^*(%$^&(^ out of your #*&^#&)^%#$%$*% mind?!?

What's kind of amazing is how the franchise has had such a rich history of Hall of Fame WRers. 

Everyone has a price. So...three 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd, ownership of the Beatles catalog, couple Faberge eggs, over easy, and Daenerys Targaryen. She can bring ONE dragon. 

No. Untradeable until this offense has run its course. 

You win SB's by acquiring more players of JJ's talent level not by trading those that you already have.

If there is a QB in a draft that Kwesi believes is the next Mahomes, and trading Jefferson gives him the capital to do it, then yes he should do it.  His job is to build a champion and that could well entail taking a risk on a bold move.

The reality is, even the best wideout in the game is not likely to bring you into regular contention, but a top 5 quarterback is. 

That type of qb is what this franchise should be looking for if it ever wants to break the perpetual, risk-averse mediocrity cycle and actually contend.  That and move off of attachment to and overpaying of aging vets in decline for the sake of familiarity and/or purple-tinted nostalgia.

I love JJ and he's a joy to watch and have on the team.  I don't want to trade him.  But I want a top 5 QB and a title even more.  I've been waiting 50+ years so, pragmatism and taking the risk wins the day for me, if that unlikely scenario ever arises.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
You win SB's by acquiring more players of JJ's talent level not by trading those that you already have.
we havent won any to date with some damn good receivers in the past.  hell we had two of JJs caliber at the same time and it didnt get the job done.