Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you take for JJ?
They were just discussing a hypothetical trade of JJ to get into a position to rebuild the team and add a premium  QB of the future.   They were discussing 2 firsts,  2 seconds, and possibly another later round pick or two.  This years first rounder would have to be a top 10 in this scenario. 

Would you do it?  If not what would it take?  Or how little would you take?

Sure. I'd trade with the Colts for 2 firsts 2 seconds and a 5th rounder this year.

yes 2x 1s, 2x 2nds and another pick.  I would trade him.  Assuming you're also calling it a day with Kirk this year. 

I wouldn't trade him.  Draft picks are a crap shoot with JJ you have a proven guy that electrifies an offense.  It would be stupid to even consider trading him.

I like the hypothetical. I lean towards trading. He will command a huge salary cap number. As seen this past year defenses are able to neutralize him. Chiefs let Hill walk and they are in the superbowl. Detroit had Calvin Johnson and never won diddle squat. Brady won how many superbowls without a premier WR? I have always admired teams that allow players to walk instead of over paying. Wonder how Kwesi Adofo-Mensah analytics look at this. 

2 firsts (one top 10), 2 seconds, and an extra pick seems about right.

I disagree with the premise of stockpiling draft picks to make a run to get your guy.  QBs are just too risky to give up a ton to get a single guy.  I'd rather take more "lesser" draft prospects.

Ha. This is a futile effort. He about as untradeable of a player there is in the league. To put it in perspective the Vikings are going to end up paying him $30M or more annually and will make a good portion of that back based on marketing value alone before even factoring in his on-field performance. 

If they for some reason needed to negotiate this trade I would start with 3 first round picks. Jalen Ramsey went for two 1sts and a 4th. Jefferson is more valuable than that. 

Definitely wouldn't trade him. Pay him [Image: 4dafqat232it.gif]

Non-diva, elite WR that still has so much room to grow.  I don't get the infatuation with picks.  So many busts.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
They were just discussing a hypothetical trade of JJ to get into a position to rebuild the team and add a premium  QB of the future.   They were discussing 2 firsts,  2 seconds, and possibly another later round pick or two.  This years first rounder would have to be a top 10 in this scenario. 

Would you do it?  If not what would it take?  Or how little would you take?

Is the trade within our division…?  Wink :p