Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jefferson sticks up for Cousins
Quote: @BStads said:
I’m sure oppossing Ds have picked up on certain O formations and tendancies. But it may also be possible our D allowing so many points has prevented KOC from calling other plays to build a point difference. Theyre always having to respond to what the D has allowed. 
Haven’t seen you post much even though your profile says youve been registered for a long time.

Welcome and skol!!!!

The D needs a youth infusion. The LBs are a problem. The CBs are a problem. The line is a problem. The coordinator is a problem. 

Im not sure how you fix it but there needs to be some turnover of players. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@BStads said:
I’m sure oppossing Ds have picked up on certain O formations and tendancies. But it may also be possible our D allowing so many points has prevented KOC from calling other plays to build a point difference. Theyre always having to respond to what the D has allowed. 
Haven’t seen you post much even though your profile says youve been registered for a long time.

Welcome and skol!!!!
Thank you. I enjoy reading most of the comments from most of the contributers. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
I know some don't believe there is an anti-Kirk bias in the media, but it's real. And bizarre. Here's one of my faves from August.

Now, there is no logical reason Kirk and JJ would not be on this list. Still, MJD leaves them off completely. Why? Because he doesn't believe in JJ? Umm...no. He's making a winking point about Cousins here. 
Kirk and JJ should have definitely been on that list.  MJD is a funny dude, but this is terrible.  Like Carr and Davante at 3?  Lol
I just can't believe he had the balls to put Jameis Winston on this list. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I know some don't believe there is an anti-Kirk bias in the media, but it's real. And bizarre. Here's one of my faves from August.

Now, there is no logical reason Kirk and JJ would not be on this list. Still, MJD leaves them off completely. Why? Because he doesn't believe in JJ? Umm...no. He's making a winking point about Cousins here. 

https://twitter.com/NFLTotalAccess/statu...19360?s=20&t=iVAtLAMLg07h758MZUZ1iQ
He’s outspoken about his Christian beliefs and didn’t get the jab.  Why in the world are you or anyone surprised about the media not adoring him?  He’s not their type of dude, so if there is any debate to be had, he loses.  It’s hard to keep a Tom Brady with his rings and model ex-wife off these lists, not as hard for Kirk.

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@MaroonBells said:

He’s outspoken about his Christian beliefs and didn’t get the jab.  Why in the world are you or anyone surprised about the media not adoring him?  He’s not their type of dude, so if there is any debate to be had, he loses.  It’s hard to keep a Tom Brady with his rings and model ex-wife off these lists, not as hard for Kirk.
There are plenty of athletes that give all credit to God, so its not a 'Christian beliefs' thing.....the narrative on Cousins started before the 'jabs' and other crap concerning vaccines and COVID. Cousins isn't flashy, he's mostly boring and he's got a narrative with the national media he doesn't deserve. Kirko Chainz has been really interesting in the aspect to see him relaxed and showing a fun side that maybe fans never saw before. His teammates love him. He's got 'Dad Swag' as JJ coined it and the only media guy I see full on embrace it is the dude on GMF, Kyle Brandt. 

Cousins isn't super fast, no huge arm, not incredibly mobile, etc. all the shit the young fans and national media fall in love with. And the rest are just lazy. 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@MaroonBells said:

Oh Jesus....wow. No. LOL. Media didn't hate Cris Carter, Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, Reggie White....etc., etc., 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Waterboy said:
@MaroonBells said:

Oh Jesus....wow. No. LOL. Media didn't hate Cris Carter, Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, Reggie White....etc., etc., 
Hold my non-alcoholic beer.

[Image: tim-tebow-broncos-sharp.png]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Waterboy said:
@MaroonBells said:

Hold my non-alcoholic beer.

[Image: tim-tebow-broncos-sharp.png]
I was at a 4th of July party this summer and met a guy who didn't watch football anymore because of how "the media" ended Tim Tebow's career. 

Former Vikings quarterbacks praise Kirk Cousins’ stellar season. But playoffs are how he will be judged
Kirk Cousins has accumulated plenty of fans this season. Some of them are former Vikings quarterbacks.

When Cousins led the Vikings back from a 33-0 halftime deficit to defeat Indianapolis 39-36 in overtime two weeks ago, among those cheering on from their homes were Warren Moon in Seattle, Brad Johnson in Athens, Ga., and Randall Cunningham in Las Vegas.
“Oh, yeah, I was watching,” said Cunningham, who played for the Vikings from 1997-99. “That was ridiculous.”
In his fifth season as Minnesota’s quarterback and 11th overall in the NFL, Cousins, 34, is having a career year. True, his statistics are not as gaudy as they have been in some seasons, but he has steered the Vikings to a 12-3 record, has been named to his fourth career Pro Bowl and has tied an NFL record by leading eight fourth-quarter comebacks.

“He playing at an MVP level,” said Moon, who played for Minnesota from 1994-96 and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006.
https://www.twincities.com/2022/12/30/ex-vikings-quarterbacks-laud-season-kirk-cousins-is-having-but-the-playoffs-still-beckon/