Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jefferson sticks up for Cousins

I wonder if anyone will dismiss his comments as less than authentic because he didnt cry snd say, “That’s my quarterback.”

if JJ gets to 2000 yards, this whole dealio gets neatly cleaned up.

I know some don't believe there is an anti-Kirk bias in the media, but it's real. And bizarre. Here's one of my faves from August.

Now, there is no logical reason Kirk and JJ would not be on this list. Still, MJD leaves them off completely. Why? Because he doesn't believe in JJ? Umm...no. He's making a winking point about Cousins here. 

https://twitter.com/NFLTotalAccess/statu...19360?s=20&t=iVAtLAMLg07h758MZUZ1iQ

Here's another. This list is voted on by players. In 2021, in terms of numbers, Cousins was better than all of these QBs, yet at the beginning of 2022, Kirk ranks last among them. Four months later, where is Kirk among these QBs?  

https://twitter.com/sosarick/status/1608...35104?s=20&t=iVAtLAMLg07h758MZUZ1iQ

It's a profit driven business, feeding false narratives gets clicks and hits which makes money.

You cant wipe away years of tarnished perception in 15 games.

There are also plenty O Viking fans who are still on the fence regarding KC, they're just not going to be vocal till he steps on a turd in a game. Heaven forbid a playoff game. 

The narrative on Cousins wont change till he makes a couple of deep playoff runs. He's got the right coach and org for that to happen the next few years.

They just gotta get much better on D

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I know some don't believe there is an anti-Kirk bias in the media, but it's real. And bizarre. Here's one of my faves from August.

Now, there is no logical reason Kirk and JJ would not be on this list. Still, MJD leaves them off completely. Why? Because he doesn't believe in JJ? Umm...no. He's making a winking point about Cousins here. 

https://twitter.com/NFLTotalAccess/statu...19360?s=20&t=iVAtLAMLg07h758MZUZ1iQ
Kirk and JJ should have definitely been on that list.  MJD is a funny dude, but this is terrible.  Like Carr and Davante at 3?  Lol

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
You cant wipe away years of tarnished perception in 15 games.

There are also plenty O Viking fans who are still on the fence regarding KC, they're just not going to be vocal till he steps on a turd in a game. Heaven forbid a playoff game. 

The narrative on Cousins wont change till he makes a couple of deep playoff runs. He's got the right coach and org for that to happen the next few years.

They just gotta get much better on D
no question the D needs to step up,  but lets not pretend that 4th quarter comebacks and wins means the O is anything to write home about.  This offense has been absolutely putrid for way to many long stretches at times this year,  play calling, execution,  everything about it has been shit far to often for anybody outside of JJ to be pointing fingers at the D.  There is plenty of room for improvement on this roster and simply fixing the D isnt going to be enough to push this team over the top to where they are discussed with the upper echelon teams in the league.  The D struggling does not prevent the O from  putting up points and answering back when teams come out fast against this  team,  they were good on opening drives for a while,  but that has been failing as of late as well.

I’m sure oppossing Ds have picked up on certain O formations and tendancies. But it may also be possible our D allowing so many points has prevented KOC from calling other plays to build a point difference. Theyre always having to respond to what the D has allowed.