Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch QB Stats
Quote: @pattersaur said:
Dalvin has probably lost a step but that's it-- a step. Not some big decline. This certainly isn't a Zeke/Pollard situation where the other guy comes in a sets the world on fire. So that tells me the issue is the scheme and the OL. Seems weird to type this but re-signing Bradbury should be a priority. With so many holes on defense I don't think the Vikes can afford to sink more meaningful draft capital into the OL.
EDIT- Dalvin's cut on the TD he scored was a thing of beauty. So he can still play and I'm among those who thinks we're better off with him next year than without. After that I guess all bets are off. But I don't think trading him for a 5th or 6th round pick in the offseason helps more than it hurts this team. He's a leader and has been a great player for MIN.

Regarding Kirk, he's having another solid Kirk year. Very good overall with a few straight duds mixed in. When he's on we're groovy which has led to 10 wins. Indy defense is good against the run and the pass. Really hope Darrisaw can play and play a full game. He might be the key to us winning this week, honestly. Being at home should help. Last I saw I think MIN -4 is the line? That seems high to me but hopefully the Vikes do enough to clinch the North!
Trying to figure out what "losing a step means".  Usually it means speed, and that play against Buffalo tells me he hasn't lost speed.  He was coasting at the end.

That cut on his Detroit TD shows he still has the speed and moves, that LB was playing the speed to the corner and overran a bit, so Dalvin just cut it back effortlessly.  

I just think it is scheme.  

Yeah, I have no idea whats up. I just know the running game isnt happening and if we are going to win avplayoff game or two we’ll need to gey it figured out. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@pattersaur said:
Dalvin has probably lost a step but that's it-- a step. Not some big decline. This certainly isn't a Zeke/Pollard situation where the other guy comes in a sets the world on fire. So that tells me the issue is the scheme and the OL. Seems weird to type this but re-signing Bradbury should be a priority. With so many holes on defense I don't think the Vikes can afford to sink more meaningful draft capital into the OL.
EDIT- Dalvin's cut on the TD he scored was a thing of beauty. So he can still play and I'm among those who thinks we're better off with him next year than without. After that I guess all bets are off. But I don't think trading him for a 5th or 6th round pick in the offseason helps more than it hurts this team. He's a leader and has been a great player for MIN.

Regarding Kirk, he's having another solid Kirk year. Very good overall with a few straight duds mixed in. When he's on we're groovy which has led to 10 wins. Indy defense is good against the run and the pass. Really hope Darrisaw can play and play a full game. He might be the key to us winning this week, honestly. Being at home should help. Last I saw I think MIN -4 is the line? That seems high to me but hopefully the Vikes do enough to clinch the North!
Trying to figure out what "losing a step means".  Usually it means speed, and that play against Buffalo tells me he hasn't lost speed.  He was coasting at the end.

That cut on his Detroit TD shows he still has the speed and moves, that LB was playing the speed to the corner and overran a bit, so Dalvin just cut it back effortlessly.  

I just think it is scheme.  
Scheme and OL injuries don't help.