Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch QB Stats
Kirk finishes very high. But of course that needs an explanation...

https://twitter.com/ajaypatell8/status/1...28993?s=20&t=Gpe5i1gB5o0imrVbAX57vw

Get er done Kirko!!

Kirk has undoubtedly benefitted from KOC and the changes he brought in.

It's too bad the real chain around olde Kirk's neck is the Vikings Defense this season. 

This team kinda reminds me of the early 2000 teams The Sheriff used to trot out on the field - great offense and mediocre D.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

It's too bad the real chain around olde Kirk's neck is the Vikings Defense this season. 

This team kinda reminds me of the early 2000 teams The Sheriff used to trot out on the field - great offense and mediocre D.
The real chain is how bad our run game has been. Youve got 2 options to win games. Score points and stop them some. Or balls to the wall score every time out there like Kansas City does. 

We’re spending to much on the OL and RB for the mediocre results we’ve gotten this year. 

I'm not sure we've got just one problem to solve...No doubt the running game leaves much to be desired - it would help keep a bad d off the field as much too. 

I wonder if there is more than one culprit on how mediocre it has been? Is it the Ol? IOL? Cook? All of the above? 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

The real chain is how bad our run game has been. Youve got 2 options to win games. Score points and stop them some. Or balls to the wall score every time out there like Kansas City does. 

We’re spending to much on the OL and RB for the mediocre results we’ve gotten this year. 
This. The line is full of 1st and 2nd round draft picks. The back is easily top 5. Get that figured out and the defense can spend less time on the field. 

But it seems like every time we run the ball, the defense knows the play...that was especially the case in Detroit. Makes me wonder if there are tells somewhere.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

This. The line is full of 1st and 2nd round draft picks. The back is easily top 5. Get that figured out and the defense can spend less time on the field. 

But it seems like every time we run the ball, the defense knows the play...that was especially the case in Detroit. Makes me wonder if there are tells somewhere.
or tells everywhere? 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

or tells everywhere? 
Maybe. It doesn't add up. Something's wrong somewhere. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Darrisaw has been out for a long stretch which has affected it for sure.  But watching JJ go off on Detroit was puzzling.  They were loading the box to stop the run.  Single high safety, 8 in the box type of stuff.  Seems odd, but it worked for them.

Dalvin has probably lost a step but that's it-- a step. Not some big decline. This certainly isn't a Zeke/Pollard situation where the other guy comes in a sets the world on fire. So that tells me the issue is the scheme and the OL. Seems weird to type this but re-signing Bradbury should be a priority. With so many holes on defense I don't think the Vikes can afford to sink more meaningful draft capital into the OL.
EDIT- Dalvin's cut on the TD he scored was a thing of beauty. So he can still play and I'm among those who thinks we're better off with him next year than without. After that I guess all bets are off. But I don't think trading him for a 5th or 6th round pick in the offseason helps more than it hurts this team. He's a leader and has been a great player for MIN.

Regarding Kirk, he's having another solid Kirk year. Very good overall with a few straight duds mixed in. When he's on we're groovy which has led to 10 wins. Indy defense is good against the run and the pass. Really hope Darrisaw can play and play a full game. He might be the key to us winning this week, honestly. Being at home should help. Last I saw I think MIN -4 is the line? That seems high to me but hopefully the Vikes do enough to clinch the North!