Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC exposed today
Donatell has to go, his defense is historically horrible. How many games in a row will they allow more than 400 yards?

I really like KOC and understand he's still learning as a head coach and play caller.

However, I will seriously question his decision making if he doesn't move on from Donatell. 

Really awful performance by KOC yet somehow it doesn't have me pining for Harbaugh.   

I was never a fan of the idea of him calling plays (which he'd never done before afaik).   But it is what it is at this point.

The D didn't force any turnovers.  Lions didn't really make any game changing mistakes.  We all knew the D gives up yards/points, but usually there are one or two turnovers that keeps the Vikes in the game.  Not this week.

If Z sees that ball bounce of the lineman's head to begin the game and or dantzler catches the interception at the 3nd of the half and we are talking about kings of the north 

Quote: @PapaScott said:
If Z sees that ball bounce of the lineman's head to begin the game and or dantzler catches the interception at the 3nd of the half and we are talking about kings of the north 
I yelled about the same thing when it happed lol!

Look the F around Z!! 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Lol that's hilarious. Yeah I wanted KOC over Harbaugh and I still do. He is a first year head coach and he is going to have a wtf game or two. I hated the 2 point attempt and the onside kick. I hate that Cousins and Jefferson's performances were wasted. I hated Dalvin getting cute and fumbling the ball. I hated the defense shitting the bed. Was I surprised? No. I hope he learns from it. They are 10 and 3, on to the next game. 
Got to cute on many things was my thought too.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Really awful performance by KOC yet somehow it doesn't have me pining for Harbaugh.   

I was never a fan of the idea of him calling plays (which he'd never done before afaik).   But it is what it is at this point.
Not me. Im sick of losing playcallers after they have a good season. I’ll take KOC calling plays and getting better at it. 

Its a shame the 49ers seem to not be missing a step with Purdy. I figured the 2nd seed was all but locked up. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@comet52 said:

Not me. Im sick of losing playcallers after they have a good season. I’ll take KOC calling plays and getting better at it. 

Its a shame the 49ers seem to not be missing a step with Purdy. I figured the 2nd seed was all but locked up. 
Oh man, I was never thinking they had #2 sewn-up, not with 3 divisional road games left.

I dont think Purdy is going to take them to the promised land, but the 49'ers have a much more impressive D than what the Vikings trot out there these days. 

KOC was most certainly substandard today.  Period.  

Quote: @PapaScott said:
They are kings of the North. Are they great team? Hell no. Did anyone here think they would be superbowl champions this year? Hell no.
The Wilf's mandate was to win with what you have. Guess what? Kwesi brought in players to plug holes that were obvious weaknesses under the constraint of little to no salary cap space, and the coaching staff to make it work.
I don't know if being a bettor gives me a clearer picture, but it is painfully obvious to me, the Vikings don't have the players to be a superbowl champion. 
We lost a game to a good team and KOC can't coach, Kwesi didn't help the defense, and Donatell needs fired.
They aren't blameless. But they have taken an inferior roster, and won a lot of games. 
Like you said Papa, a different bounce of the ball or a timely pick and the conversation changes.
Reality is, they are Kings of the North and will hang a banner in their first year.
Regardless of how this year ends, that's a good start.