Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lmao, these guys, man....these F-ING guys....
Turn over ratio + Vikings

Jets were 1/6 in the red zone today and like 3/16 on 3rd downs. I think I heard that on the way back from the game today on KFAN. 

Now I aint sticking up for the D at all, but they did have some key stats that helped with a W today. 

#TheyFindAWay

Quote: @Greylock said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
You can’t say we’re a bad team getting lucky anymore. This is who we are. If we don’t come out flat we win. We can win in the playoffs like that. 
Against some teams, but not against teams like Philly and Dallas. That horrific pass D is going to be the thing that does the Vikings in at some point in the playoffs. Its obvious it can't be fixed this year, they'll have to work toward making it better in the offseason. Donnatell has to go. Zero doubt.

Listen, I'm riding with these guys. They are amazing at making plays when they need them. And nobody can say they aren't clutch, not anymore. But teams like Philly, Dallas and San Fran are matchup nightmares for the Vikings because of great defenses AND offenses that can score. Minnesota scored 27 points today, it ain't the offense that's the problem. 
At one point, I believe in the 3rd quarter, right after the Vikings scored the Jets were in the red zone in like 3 of 4 plays.  At times this defense seems like it is just going through the motion and yet when the Jets got into the red zone they figured it was time to play defense and held them to field goals.  That is not gong to work in the playoffs.

For some reason in the 3rd quarter, Cousins was just off with his throws.  

I guess I missed it but why was Duke Shelly playing late in the game?  Evans get hurt again?
Pretty sure Evans got hurt again on that hit Harry put on the receiver across the middle that involved Evans,   he went off the field immediately and I dont believe he returned.   Friendly fire.

[Image: 316244798_1821806388185815_4626269916259...e=6391F9B8]

When it was 17 to 3 and we had the ball with a minute left in the half, knowing we'd get the ball again after the half, I thought "here it is. We'll score on two straight possessions, potentially 31-3. Finally we get our blow out win." 

[Image: giphy.gif]

just like clinching the division, it was looking like they could clinch Thanksgiving night....

So how does a team with a QB having a horrible day beat a playoff team with a top 5 defense? In his locker room speech, KOC reveals the answer: situational football. 
"By no means was that our best day. But I'll tell you what I felt, each and every time adversity hit, I felt you guys come together even closer. You know what that normally entails? Situational football. On the day, our defense held them to 19%, 3-of-16 on third down and 1-of-6 in the red zone...And oh by the way, offensively we knew it was going to be a grind. That's what that side of the ball does. We did not turn the football over, we went 50% on third down and 3-of-3 in the red zone."

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
When it was 17 to 3 and we had the ball with a minute left in the half, knowing we'd get the ball again after the half, I thought "here it is. We'll score on two straight possessions, potentially 31-3. Finally we get our blow out win." 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Hah! I was telling my brother that this has the feel of a close game. At no point did I think we would blow out the Jets. It's just not who we are.

1. In each of the season's four months, the Vikings have closed out a game with a different member of their secondary recording a takeaway on the team's final defensive play. Josh Metellus intercepted Jared Goff's Hail Mary in September against Detroit. Cameron Dantzler stripped Ihmir Smith-Marsette for a game-sealing fumble in October against Chicago. Patrick Peterson picked off Josh Allen in overtime in November against Buffalo. And on Sunday, Bynum iced the Vikings' first game of December by intercepting White's fourth-down pass and sliding to the U.S. Bank Stadium turf.
  2. The Vikings have now won all nine of their one-score games this year, one short of the NFL record for the most one-score victories in a season.
  3. If these Vikings end up in a postseason game as nerve-racking for their fans as Sunday's was, they're confident they'll be ready to do what's necessary. "I was talking to one of the coaches [about this] last week," Kendricks said. "You know, it's hectic, it's stressful, but at the end of the day, I'm addicted to it. I feel like we're all addicted to it a little bit. We've got to be a little bit crazy to be out there in the first place. We've lived in those big moments, and we come up big, too, in those big moments."

Their stockpile of close victories — and their lack of blowout wins — is one of the facts cited most by those who question their legitimacy as a contender. There is a certain amount of randomness in tight games, the thinking goes, that makes a pattern of close victories unsustainable; a last-second, game-tying field-goal attempt, for example, might not always fall harmlessly to the ground after hitting an upright and a crossbar.
There's a growing belief in the Vikings' locker room, however, that they've acquired enough situational awareness and mental fortitude to win a majority of such games, especially after having played in so many through the first 13 weeks of the season. After Sunday's win, in which the Vikings kept the Jets from scoring touchdowns in five of their six trips to the red zone and turned New York away not once, but twice, in the final two minutes, it became a little tougher to argue with them.
"We always talk about, 'We don't have to make it that way,'" safety Harrison Smith said. "But it's good practice for us. It's not always what we want, but if you're getting great reps — that's a high-stress environment. Like, all these games are playoff environments in the fourth quarter. That's not how you draw it up, but that could pay dividends."
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-jets-kirk-cousins-tough-people-chip-scoggins/600232964/