Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's been a great start for yr1 staff
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Honestly, I'm a little worried. We were better on both sides of the ball last year at 5-5 than we are this year at 8-2. We simply fixed the situational problem and turned a handful of would-have-been losses under Zim into wins. That's good. But we're still not running the new offense or defense efficiently yet. 

There is reason for hope though. Getting Dantzler and Evans back will be huge, whenever that happens. Plus, we still haven't seen the full impact of Hockenson yet, but we will soon. I think if we can solve some protection issues, stay relatively healthy, come playoff time we could be playing our best football.

But getting there will be a tough road....full of crap offenses, but very good defenses. 

Patriots up next. Not worried about their offense, but their defense is real. Then the Jets. Talk about defense. Then a surging Lions team in Detroit, a winner of 3 straight. Then the Colts, and their D is legit. Lost a nail-biter to the Eagles last week. Then the Giants before the two divisional game closers in Green Bay and Chicago. 
I think that is a huge part of it.  Early in the year before Dantzler and PP felt comfortable in the D, they were getting toasted with the soft shell.  Not having competent corners makes any D tough.  Just as Zim his last 2 years.

Enjoy your bird tomorrow---Kirko rides again tomorrow night.  And you can take that to the bank.

Honestly, when the Vikings were 7-1 and getting ready to play the Bills/Cowboys/Patriots most of us would definitely have been happy knowing they would be 9-2 when that stretch was over.

The 40-3 loss to the Cowboys wasn’t good. But, sometimes those games just happen. Huge emotional win over the Bills took its toll, and injuries sprung up at a bad time.
Still on the wagon, still enjoying the season.

I think these guys just played 3 games in 12 days? 

that's pretty crazy

the only thing I can say with certainty about this team is that JJ is their best player, the coaches did a great job getting the team ready for The Patriots, they are better situationally than year ago...

I still have big reservations about them vs NFC elite. I think they Vikings are good, better than last year but not great. 

Its not a sin to enjoy the ride, so thats what i'm trying to do.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

that's pretty crazy

the only thing I can say with certainty about this team is that JJ is their best player, the coaches did a great job getting the team ready for The Patriots, they are better situationally than year ago...

I still have big reservations about them vs NFC elite. I think they Vikings are good, better than last year but not great. 

That opening drive was a thing of beauty. If they can find a way to do that every drive we'd really have something. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

that's pretty crazy

That opening drive was a thing of beauty. If they can find a way to do that every drive we'd really have something. 
No doubt, opening scripts are one of KOC's towering strengths...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

that's pretty crazy

Yep, that's a lot of football in a short span of games.  Now we have a mini bye week to get rested up for the final 6 games.  Hopefully we'll get Evans and Darrisaw back next game and Dantzler shortly after.

I think the difference between good and great is the Vikings consistently putting up 28+ pts on offense and the defense getting turnovers.  We're close on offense, but I think the defense is only good when we're getting turnovers.

Reagardless this has been a great first season, excited to see how we finish and looking forward to the future.

They will win the North and maybe a playoff game before they get bounced. We will hope for more. But anyway it plays out from this point forward, this has been a great first season for the new regime and appears to be promising going forward. I have been pleasantly surprised and optimistic for the future. A feeling I haven't had for awhile!

3 games in 12 days, @ Buff, Dall, NE, all had winning records.

Vikings went 2-1. In November that's above average , IMO.

The Vikings answered for the beatdown  Dallas handed them last Sunday.

Tice, Chilly, Frazier were all time wasters. Zimmer eventually beat himself.

It's only 11 games but KOC  is not like the others.

KOC is the real deal.