Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's been a great start for yr1 staff
We can all agree on that...

Honestly? I am pumped for the rest of the season....

Lots of AFC East, some NYG and 3 Norris Road Games. Not easy by any means, but  how they do here will influence greatly how we'll remember the season as a whole

Get yer popcorn fans!! 

I agree, pf.  The Dallas game was brutal, but three games ago many here were hoping the Vikes could go at least 2-1.  They did and it's awesome, but the beat down at home now has me worried about how soon they can bounce back. A Viking fan can never feel comfortable I guess.  B) Here's to a fun rest of the season - SKOL!

Honestly, I'm a little worried. We were better on both sides of the ball last year at 5-5 than we are this year at 8-2. We simply fixed the situational problem and turned a handful of would-have-been losses under Zim into wins. That's good. But we're still not running the new offense or defense efficiently yet. 

There is reason for hope though. Getting Dantzler and Evans back will be huge, whenever that happens. Plus, we still haven't seen the full impact of Hockenson yet, but we will soon. I think if we can solve some protection issues, stay relatively healthy, come playoff time we could be playing our best football.

But getting there will be a tough road....full of crap offenses, but very good defenses. 

Patriots up next. Not worried about their offense, but their defense is real. Then the Jets. Talk about defense. Then a surging Lions team in Detroit, a winner of 3 straight. Then the Colts, and their D is legit. Lost a nail-biter to the Eagles last week. Then the Giants before the two divisional game closers in Green Bay and Chicago. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Honestly, I'm a little worried. We were better on both sides of the ball last year at 5-5 than we are this year at 8-2. We simply fixed the situational problem and turned a handful of would-have-been losses under Zim into wins. That's good. But we're still not running the new offense or defense efficiently yet. 

There is reason for hope though. Getting Dantzler and Evans back will be huge, whenever that happens. Plus, we still haven't seen the full impact of Hockenson yet, but we will soon. I think if we can solve some protection issues, stay relatively healthy, come playoff time we could be playing our best football.

But getting there will be a tough road....full of crap offenses, but very good defenses. 

Patriots up next. Not worried about their offense, but their defense is real. Then the Jets. Talk about defense. Then a surging Lions team in Detroit, a winner of 3 straight. Then the Colts, and there D is legit. Lost a nail-biter to the Eagles last week. Then the Giants before the two divisional game closers in Green Bay and Chicago. 
thats been my issue all season,   we arent seeing the growth in the systems.  seeing little windows against inferior opponents isnt really much to hang our hopes on.  I was hoping that the bills game could have been a spring board, but obviously any gained confidence in the systems from that win goes right out the window after the dallas debacle and we are right back to where we were week 2 IMO.   a decent roster with a ton of question marks.

Not sure what to think anymore. Not off the bandwagon by any stretch, but this beatdown is still fresh as a daisy to me.

I'm usually a pretty optimistic fan, but prior to the season starting I felt this was no better than a 9-10 win team at best. Now here we are with a good chance of getting 12 wins or so and a high playoff seeding. 

That loss was bad, for sure, but I'm still pumped for the remainder of the season.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Not sure what to think anymore. Not off the bandwagon by any stretch, but this beatdown is still fresh as a daisy to me.
The beatdown is a big concern. The good news is that the Cowboys were the last "good" offensive team we'll face until the playoffs. The bad news is that we have several very good defenses left on the schedule who will try to do exactly what the Dallas defense did. Can we adjust enough to prevent another hapless outing on offense? I don't know. 

I win against New England would go a long way toward getting us back on track mentally. A loss and we're looking at trying to prevent 3 in a row against a good Jets team. If that happens things could snowball.

So...to state the obvious: the game tomorrow is huge. 

New England really worries me, I won't be shocked by another bad loss. Only thing that I feel could help is their offense is not nearly as good as the Cowboys. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
New England really worries me, I won't be shocked by another bad loss. Only thing that I feel could help is their offense is not nearly as good as the Cowboys. 
But our D is on life support and our defensive system kind of lets offenses feel good about themselves and build momentum.

We should/could win this game easily,  but no way would i bet this game.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
If you want to feel better about tomorrow night's game, take a look at the teams & QBs that New England has beaten this season:

NYJ twice - Wilson both times
Steelers - Trubisky
Browns - Brissett
Colts - Ehlinger
Lions - Goff

That is all.