Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brutal Meme
Quote: @"PurplePastor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Again, hilarious....but he's not the reason they lost to the Cowboys. 
He doesn't get a pass. He held the ball too long at times and of course the fumble. Win as a team, lose as a team. Of course the qb gets the glory as well as the grief. 
No one gets a pass, but when even your best offensive lineman is struggling to protect, your rookie RG is beaten nearly every play, your star RT moves inside while your two TEs move outside, all three of whom miss a blitzing safety (see below), and this happens on a regular basis, you might want to consider running fewer 5 and 7 step drops. 

https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...79168?s=20&t=I7i0MfIKT5sWXfsfJqmF7g
He obviously held the ball too long.  Wink Seriously though, he does hold the ball way too long at times and because he doesn't sense pressure well, he is often the reason for the sacks; not all the time, but quite often. 
That's certainly fair...Lots of ways to measure KC this year and I think he's got a few good years left myself.

He's a hell of a passer when he gets the time. 

He'll NEVER be Mahomes or Rogers in the pocket, you'll just be a frustrated fan if you're waiting for that to happen. He's more like JG. 

The Vikings at some point have to prioritize acquiring his successor. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"PurplePastor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
He doesn't get a pass. He held the ball too long at times and of course the fumble. Win as a team, lose as a team. Of course the qb gets the glory as well as the grief. 
No one gets a pass, but when even your best offensive lineman is struggling to protect, your rookie RG is beaten nearly every play, your star RT moves inside while your two TEs move outside, all three of whom miss a blitzing safety (see below), and this happens on a regular basis, you might want to consider running fewer 5 and 7 step drops. 

He obviously held the ball too long.  Wink Seriously though, he does hold the ball way too long at times and because he doesn't sense pressure well, he is often the reason for the sacks; not all the time, but quite often. 
That's certainly fair...Lots of ways to measure KC this year and I think he's got a few good years left myself.

He'll NEVER be Mahomes or Rogers in the pocket, you'll just be a frustrated fan if you're waiting for that to happen. He's more like JG. 

I think this offseason is the time to find his successor,  he isnt getting any younger,  his contract demands arent likely to lessen, his crazy durability cant go on forever,  and his abilities are very likely to start declining.  Its not likely that we hit on the first try,  so get started now,  hell we are already at least a year late imo.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"PurplePastor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

I think this offseason is the time to find his successor,  he isnt getting any younger,  his contract demands arent likely to lessen, his crazy durability cant go on forever,  and his abilities are very likely to start declining.  Its not likely that we hit on the first try,  so get started now,  hell we are already at least a year late imo.
Yabbutt....

We really need D (all 3 levels) and IOL too.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"PurplePastor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Yabbutt....

It's interesting how our previous HC was known as a defensive guru and that is clearly our weakest side of the field, except for last Sunday when everything was weakest. The defensive guru title unfortunately passed Zim by several years ago.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"PurplePastor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Yabbutt....

Which is why next year has to be Kirk's last,  or at least his last where his contract isn't commensurate with his level of talent.  If he needs a line of high dollar lineman in front of him,  then he needs to take the haircut to pay them,  we need to be putting our available cap towards the defense.  The quickest way to cap health is getting off the market setting QB contract train and that likely  starts with drafting his replacement,  if they don't do it this year then he has all the leverage again for another extension that only further kicks that can down the road.

His arm talent is unquestionable,   its the rest of being a QB that has left room for improvement but we won't find it if they don't get to looking.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"PurplePastor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Yabbutt....

Which is why next year has to be Kirk's last,  or at least his last where his contract isn't commensurate with his level of talent.  If he needs a line of high dollar lineman in front of him,  then he needs to take the haircut to pay them,  we need to be putting our available cap towards the defense.  The quickest way to cap health is getting off the market setting QB contract train and that likely  starts with drafting his replacement,  if they don't do it this year then he has all the leverage again for another extension that only further kicks that can down the road.

His arm talent is unquestionable,   its the rest of being a QB that has left room for improvement but we won't find it if they don't get to looking.
I think contractually they are pretty much locked into KC next season already, correct?  

But yah, they got big decisions to make in the near future.

I could see a scenario where a bunch of that cap savings may not come from KC initially, but rather from a # of high priced veterans on the wrong side of 30 (and its showing in their play).  

We all know who they are at this point.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"PurplePastor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Yabbutt....

I think contractually they are pretty much locked into KC next season already, correct?  

But yah, they got big decisions to make in the near future.

I could see a scenario where a bunch of that cap savings may not come from KC initially, but rather from a # of high priced veterans on the wrong side of 30 (and its showing in their play).  

We all know who they are at this point.

Yes we have him for next year,  which is perfect since a rookie QB shouldn't be starting year 1 anyway,  so we get his replacement in house to tutor under Kirk for 1 season.  Doesn't mean we have to move on from KC,  but it gives the team options for 24 that we don't currently have if Kirk insists on resetting the QB market.

And yes, there's at least 3 or 4 vets that are to high priced,  but honestly,   you are going to need that cap space to help the D and interior OL,  not to mention new deals coming for JJ and Hock.

Regardless of what Kirk does with his next deal,  we need to be looking to the future,  I dont see KC being the kind of guy that will play into his late 30s or 40s,  eventually one of these beatings is going to affect him and I think when one does he starts thinking big picture.