Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team looks spent...
Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
Pollard killed em last night...

Not everyone has Dallas's DL, its right up there with Bills and Commodes imo. 

But Dallas (on O especially) put some stuff on film that is hard for this D to handle. I was disappointed they didnt put more men in the box earlier. I dont like this scheme rigidity from Donnatel. 
who do you put in the box?  1 safety needed to be helping our rookie CB,  the other S had coverage responsibilities,   only so many bodies to go around.  
Did it look like a Zimmer D when he had Breeland and not much else in the db room?
it looked like a Zimmer D when the players decided that they werent going to give a shit anymore.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@1VikesFan said:
@purplefaithful said:

But Dallas (on O especially) put some stuff on film that is hard for this D to handle. I was disappointed they didnt put more men in the box earlier. I dont like this scheme rigidity from Donnatel. 
I said before the game containing Pollard was the key for the defense. Unfortunately they had no clue on how to do that. 
That you did...

Safe to say they really missed Tomlinson against an OL and RB like that. 
I dont think Tomlinson was going to do much to stop Pollard,  what I think we needed was a tweener LB/S that could spy the RB,  have size enough to be of value against the run, but have the speed and agility to cover him on pass plays.  Our LBs looked so slow in getting to the outside yesterday.   as fast the cowboys looked on both sides of the ball our players looked molasses in january slow.
I dont think it's an either or - but yah they dont have all the players on D for that scheme. 

I think LB is one of those positions. They need some bigger, faster thumpers there. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@1VikesFan said:
@purplefaithful said:

I said before the game containing Pollard was the key for the defense. Unfortunately they had no clue on how to do that. 
That you did...

I dont think Tomlinson was going to do much to stop Pollard,  what I think we needed was a tweener LB/S that could spy the RB,  have size enough to be of value against the run, but have the speed and agility to cover him on pass plays.  Our LBs looked so slow in getting to the outside yesterday.   as fast the cowboys looked on both sides of the ball our players looked molasses in january slow.
I dont think it's an either or - but yah they dont have all the players on D for that scheme. 

I think LB is one of those positions. They need some bigger, faster thumpers there. 

They also need corners that can play man.  That zone coverage they insist on playing just doesn't do anything.  Leaving receivers open and then trying to limit YAC just doesn't get the job done.

They also need a draft class next year that can contribute more than just special teams and so far the current draft class isn't doing that.  Too bad picks are few for that draft.

Quote: @Greylock said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@1VikesFan said:
@purplefaithful said:

That you did...

They also need corners that can play man.  That zone coverage they insist on playing just doesn't do anything.  Leaving receivers open and then trying to limit YAC just doesn't get the job done.

They also need a draft class next year that can contribute more than just special teams and so far the current draft class isn't doing that.  Too bad picks are few for that draft.
Yup -- Wetlander pointed out in another thread that with the $$ JJ, Cousins and what some others are making, the draft classes have to pan out. For cap purposes as well as W/L purposes. 

We dont have a bunch of picks next year either so....No pressure KAM. 

@Greylock said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@1VikesFan said:
@purplefaithful said:

That you did...

Yup -- Wetlander pointed out in another thread that with the $$ JJ, Cousins and what some others are making, the draft classes have to pan out. For cap purposes as well as W/L purposes. 

sadly,   its not even looking like they just need a little more seasoning,  Cine will essentially be a rookie again next year,  Booths head is spinning like mad and is really overwhelmed 10 games into the year, Ingram might develop into something decent,  but as bad as he is looking now that might be tough to overcome as well.  likely another year of tight cap to work with so unless we see some major home town discounts from guys like AT, Harry, Kendricks, and not sure who else.... this offseason isnt likely going to be enough to really fix all those deficiencies. 

@purplefaithful said:
@Greylock said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@1VikesFan said:
@purplefaithful said:

That you did...

sadly,   its not even looking like they just need a little more seasoning,  Cine will essentially be a rookie again next year,  Booths head is spinning like mad and is really overwhelmed 10 games into the year, Ingram might develop into something decent,  but as bad as he is looking now that might be tough to overcome as well.  likely another year of tight cap to work with so unless we see some major home town discounts from guys like AT, Harry, Kendricks, and not sure who else.... this offseason isnt likely going to be enough to really fix all those deficiencies. 
No it may not....But until last night (lol)  I was still under the belief the trajectory arrow is up for the Vikings...

@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Greylock said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@1VikesFan said:
@purplefaithful said:

That you did...

No it may not....But until last night (lol)  I was still under the belief the trajectory arrow is up for the Vikings...
as empty as the cupboard is for picks,  and the needs that we have,  I wouldnt be surprised to see Kwesi trade our first for a 2nd and 3rd or what ever he can to get more players in the day 2 pool.  1 mid first stud would be nice,  but 2 or 3 potential need fillers would be better considering where we are at right now depth wise.

@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Greylock said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@1VikesFan said:
@purplefaithful said:

That you did...

as empty as the cupboard is for picks,  and the needs that we have,  I wouldnt be surprised to see Kwesi trade our first for a 2nd and 3rd or what ever he can to get more players in the day 2 pool.  1 mid first stud would be nice,  but 2 or 3 potential need fillers would be better considering where we are at right now depth wise.
I think I'd be the least surprised if they traded picks for proven commodities. 

Hard to say as we've seen bits and pieces of both since he took over for Spielman. 

This team lacks depth & it shows…!

Quote: @Kentis said:
This team lacks depth & it shows…!
Kwesi is going to have his work cut out for him.  Honestly though,  he really could go BPA with every pick, completely ignoring need,  and likely be OK as long as a few come in an contribute and he finds at least 2 that play significant snaps.