Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, how's everyone feeling about the Cowboys match-up?
I picked one helluva week to go to the game. I'm sure the atmosphere will be insane. 

If anything, I'm just a bit worried that the team blew their wad against Buffalo. These emotional rollercoaster games definitely take a lot out of you. Hope KOC can keep them focused on the task at hand.

well,  we are at home,  and our lads had about 3 more hours of recovery time with our noon start and the gurls played the 330 game so that right there should be enough to tilt the scales in our direction.

I want this one---it's the cowboys.

Going all the way back to Howard Cosell calling out the Cowboys as America's team and shitting on the Vikings raises bile in my stomach in any matchup either in Minny or Dallas.

Dalvin and JJ need to channel earlier Viking Legends---AD and Moss and go off on these Mfers

Beating the cowboys is right up there with the packers in terms of must have wins,  I put this game as more important than the bears or lions.  Jerruhs kids ( their fans) are on par with puke fans as far as being ignorant,   obnoxious barf bags.  

Got to have this one.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I think we’re going to have a hard time running the ball in this one. I think this is the game where Kirk really needs to spread the ball around to have success. He’s been better about that the past few weeks but I just have a feeling Dallas is going to go all out on limiting JJ.

I’m expecting a close game and I hope we do enough to get the win. 
I think running is how we win. Since week 5, Dallas ranks 29th in rushing yards per game. In their last two games, they've given up 447 rushing yards--224 yards per game.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
I think we’re going to have a hard time running the ball in this one. I think this is the game where Kirk really needs to spread the ball around to have success. He’s been better about that the past few weeks but I just have a feeling Dallas is going to go all out on limiting JJ.

I think running is how we win. Since week 5, Dallas ranks 29th in rushing yards per game. In their last two games, they've given up 447 rushing yards--224 yards per game.
Other teams have shredded that Dallas D on the ground, so hopefully the KOC gameplan will do it too.

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/vikings-could-run-right-through-cowboys-defense
[Image: screen-shot-2022-11-16-at-71836-pm.webp]

Quote: @JR44 said:
I think the game is a concern from a physical standpoint in that the Bills game was incredibly intense and physical and it was extended into OT, I think that is sometimes hard to come back fresh after a game like that, but this coaching staff seems to be pretty savvy about things like that and I think they will probably lighten up on practices this week and make sure everyone has time to recover.  From a game perspective, I think the Cowboys are the most overrated team in the league and that this can be the game that we finally dominate an opponent and win by multiple scores.  
Dallas just came off the road from an extremely physical game in Green Bay that also went to OT.   Then they have to travel back to Minnesota so I think any fatigue factor would be equal if not favor the Vikings?

Quote: @pattersaur said:

Packers ran all over their defense.  207 rushing yards at a 5.3 yard per carry clip.   I think the Vikings can do the same if they stick with it.

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@pattersaur said:

Packers ran all over their defense.  207 rushing yards at a 5.3 yard per carry clip.   I think the Vikings can do the same if they stick with it.
 I sure hope so.  So far KOC keeps mentioning he needs to stick with the run game, but doesn't seem to ever make that adjustment.  I guess he did late in the Bills game and in OT, but it would be nice if he would establish it early in the game and stick with it.  I think this O-line would love to maul the heck out of Dallas.

I don't see it as a let down spot because I think KOC has tuned this club up psychologically in a way the previous regime could not.   

However Z.Smith, Darrisaw, and most importantly Jefferson are currently listed questionable.  Dallas is not a slouch team and it will be tough to beat them if those 3 are all missing.