Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, how's everyone feeling about the Cowboys match-up?
I think this is a real test for our guys physically and schematically 
Glad its @ USB
Hoping we gets some key players back this week
This has everything about a let-down game written all over it 

Oh come on. When do we ever have a let down after a dramatic win? Remember the Minneapolis Miracle? Then we went into Philly and . . . ok, bad example.  But remember the OT playoff game in New Orleans when Rudy caught the TD from Cousins? Then we went to SF the next week and we . . . no, wait.

Well, OK, there have been a couple of let downs following big wins but if you think about it, the let downs follow big wins against the Saints.  This big win was against the Bills.  We have no major history or hatred for the Bills like we do with the Saints. We were still celebrating our Saints wins when the Eagles and SF took us by surprise. Totally different this time. 

We've had a number of 4th quarter comebacks this season and haven't had a "let down" game yet the following week.  I don't know why this week would be any different?

Regardless, the Cowboys have a good team and it will take a strong effort for the Vikings to win. Their pass rush and secondary is no joke.  Really hope we can get the running game working early so the offense is less predictable than it was against Buffalo.  I like our chances at home, USB is a tough place to play and the Cowboys are on the road again after playing in Lambeau.  I think we win this one, but it'll probably be a close game.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I think this is a real test for our guys physically and schematically 
Glad its @ USB
Hoping we gets some key players back this week
This has everything about a let-down game written all over it 
Every game has one reason or another why we should lose. Washington was the trap, Bills was the game we couldn't win, especially if Josh Allen played. This one is no different: let down after a big win. 

But this team is different. They don't seem to be vulnerable to those kinds of narratives. They're coached well, they have good depth, they believe they can win no matter the score, and they seem to be playing a little bit better every week, on both sides of the ball. 

Green Bay beat them. I reckon the Vikings can beat them. Dak seems a bit overrated to me. Gotta run against them and stop their run game. Vikes are going to need good line play on O and D. Vikes will also have better coaching.

I think we’re going to have a hard time running the ball in this one. I think this is the game where Kirk really needs to spread the ball around to have success. He’s been better about that the past few weeks but I just have a feeling Dallas is going to go all out on limiting JJ.

I’m expecting a close game and I hope we do enough to get the win. 

My opinion, they must stop Pollard. Don't care what they say about Zeke, Pollard makes their offense go. 

Like others have noted the Vikes need to run the ball and control time of possession to win this game.

I think the Vikes win at home but it's going to be a typical hard fought close game. 

I think the game is a concern from a physical standpoint in that the Bills game was incredibly intense and physical and it was extended into OT, I think that is sometimes hard to come back fresh after a game like that, but this coaching staff seems to be pretty savvy about things like that and I think they will probably lighten up on practices this week and make sure everyone has time to recover.  From a game perspective, I think the Cowboys are the most overrated team in the league and that this can be the game that we finally dominate an opponent and win by multiple scores.  

It's must watch TV.  while the Vikings are coming off a big come from behind emotional roller coaster game, it was a win that showed the team that they can win anywhere and against anyone.  and should give them the boost for the second half of the season. They won't be intimidated by the cowboys and I think they find a way to win.  The cowboys are also coming off an emotional game which they were upset in. blood in the water...

I'm glad we're at home.