Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Week 10 PFF grades
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Who is Paterson?  Am I missing something?
I'm guessing Patrick Peterson 

Or Harrison Phillips?  All I know, is if they cannot even get the last name right.....why are we putting any stock into these numbers?
Well they say they watch ever play...

Still not a fan of PFF.  They hire a bunch of people with no idea what is going on to watch every person on every play.  Can you imagine how much zoning out happens there?
It's not perfect. No evaluation of anything is ever perfect. It's like a movie review. If a handful of critics hate a movie, doesn't really mean much. But if 9 out of 10 think it's crap, it's probably crap. 

So I think PFF should be taken with a grain of salt, but in the aggregate, over hundreds of snaps, I think it provides a fairly accurate picture. I mean, it's not like their grades betray our lying eyes. Yes, Darrisaw is playing great and his grades reflect that. Same with Bradbury. Not so much Ingram. 

I think a great example is Cleveland. He probably didn't deserve the ZERO pass blocking grade last week, but he wasn't very good and you could see it. Well someone lit a fire under him because his grade this week was 2nd only to JJ. And you can see it on film. 

Oh and btw, Harrison Phillips had a helluva game. 

You will never find a grading or ranking system that is 100%
perfect, without dispute, or anything. 
It’s impossible.  Even if a
perfect grading system existed, us numbskulls would say it was garbage if it
disagreed with our preconceived notions and we would find some other actual garbage
information to support what we already believe.

It’s just the nature of humanity.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Who is Paterson?  Am I missing something?
I'm guessing Patrick Peterson 

Or Harrison Phillips?  All I know, is if they cannot even get the last name right.....why are we putting any stock into these numbers?
Well they say they watch ever play...

Still not a fan of PFF.  They hire a bunch of people with no idea what is going on to watch every person on every play.  Can you imagine how much zoning out happens there?
It's not perfect. No evaluation of anything is ever perfect. It's like a movie review. If a handful of critics hate a movie, doesn't really mean much. But if 9 out of 10 think it's crap, it's probably crap. 

So I think PFF should be taken with a grain of salt, but in the aggregate, over hundreds of snaps, I think it provides a fairly accurate picture. I mean, it's not like their grades betray our lying eyes. Yes, Darrisaw is playing great and his grades reflect that. Same with Bradbury. Not so much Ingram. 

I think a great example is Cleveland. He probably didn't deserve the ZERO pass blocking grade last week, but he wasn't very good and you could see it. Well someone lit a fire under him because his grade this week was 2nd only to JJ. And you can see it on film. 

Oh and btw, Harrison Phillips had a helluva game. 

Yes, it is a good start for grading.  I just can't stand it being used as facts.

And I think the fire was probably lit more by the coaches and his peers watching film rather than some egghead putting a number on his poor play.  The coaches give out grades, and they know what their job was and where they were supposed to be.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
disagreed with our preconceived notions and we would find some other actual garbage

I’d just like to know how much watching theyre doing if they cannot even notice the last name plastered on every players jersey. 

I don't pay much attention to these scores and I think some of these bottom scores of guys like Kendricks, Smith and Cousins, show how bogus they are.  

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"medaille" said:

I’d just like to know how much watching theyre doing if they cannot even notice the last name plastered on every players jersey. 
I mean if you're eliminating from the conversation anyone that's ever had a typo, it's probably a lonely place.  Also you forgot the apostrophe on "they're"    Wink

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"medaille" said:

I mean if you're eliminating from the conversation anyone that's ever had a typo, it's probably a lonely place.  Also you forgot the apostrophe on "they're"    Wink
Well, technically, it should be "who's," not "that's." So "anyone who's ever had a typo..."  B)