Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't help but wonder....
Crazy to think we could be looking LB in the first or second in the next draft.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Crazy to think we could be looking LB in the first or second in the next draft.

Luckily it looks as though we hit on Gedeon (sp) this year. They may end up being huge

I would agree that Kendricks has been our best LBer the past two seasons, but Barr hasn't been a slouch.  He played like a stud his first two years in the league, and had a down year this past season.

However, go back and rewatch the Saints game...  Barr was flying all over the field and playing with intensity.  He looked like the player from his first two seasons.  8 tackles and 1.5 TFL compared to Kendrick's 6 tackles and no TFL.  I don't know if this is Barr playing for a new contract or if Zimmer calling him out last season has finally resonated with him...  but I'd argue he played as good or better than Kendricks against the Saints.

OK, went back and rewatched from the 7 minute mark of the third quarter (that's all I had due to Irma)...and I saw nothing...maybe his damage was done before that point...but I saw no production out of #55...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
OK, went back and rewatched from the 7 minute mark of the third quarter (that's all I had due to Irma)...and I saw nothing...maybe his damage was done before that point...but I saw no production out of #55...
Is someone ruing his moniker? 

Barr made some very nice plays, hit with authority.  That said, Kendricks is our best LB right now.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Barr made some very nice plays, hit with authority.  That said, Kendricks is our best LB right now.
LOL...no, no ruage yet...

I don't think there's any doubt that Kendricks is the Vikes best LB.  Not sure what happened to Barr but he's definitely not the same player.  Now he's hurt again, not sure he can handle the physical demands of the game.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

LOL...no, no ruage yet...
We are talking imminent ruage.

I think Barr had a real nice game on Monday. He really seemed to be around the ball and wrapping people up. A couple times it looked as though he was really enjoying himself lol.
Kendricks is our best LB though and becoming a real leader on that defense.

I think Kendricks is clearly our best LB.  Barr seems invisible to me, but I think some
of that has to be scheme related, but I’m not exactly sure what his role is, I
just know that it doesn’t seem like he’s getting burned or anything, just not
making splash plays.