Vikes @ Bills
Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Riphawkins said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Diggs is the big story line for me. After he worked his way out of Minnesota he and his team have been very successful. 
First, I just want to see a W no matter how they get it.
Second, I would love to see Jefferson have a big game.

This game will set the narrative. A win and the Vikings will be viewed nationally as a legitimate contender.
A loss and they will be viewed as no serious threat. Both scenarios are probably false, but the national media likes to use the past and stereotypes to classify teams.
The new Kings of the North are upsetting the preconceived expectations of many. Feels pretty good so far.
You’re absolutely correct when you say with a loss we will be viewed as no serious threat. Which is kind of weird since the Bills are supposed to be “that team” this year.
It’s kind of like losing the Super Bowl, you suck to fans of other teams and the media because you didn’t win, but were better than the other teams and actually got there.
I’d love a win, and I absolutely don’t care how they get it. Jefferson having a big game would finalize the Diggs leaving conversation. As much as I liked his stats, he is a bit of a diva, and is a bit chirpy during games. 
But if Allen sits, there will be yet another opportunity for fans and media to put an asterisk next to the Vikings...which is probably not a bad thing. Let everyone think we're overrated. 

But someone made a good point on twitter this morning. Keenum is a very good backup, and the rest of that team is stacked, on both sides of the ball. If we go into Buffalo and beat that team, Allen or no, that would be a very significant accomplishment. 
Keenum and Diggs have history together so its not like some rookie QB from podunk state getting his first real action.  I expect CK to look every bit as good as KC does to be honest.  Cases mobility and pocket presence will give our pass rushers fits which will let Diggs do his start stop and go like hell routes that give our DBs trouble.
Depends on the placement of the horseshoe.  Case was more lucky than good.  And when the luck runs out, he throws bad INTs.
This is the Vikings,  the team that hasnt put any team to bed this year and has played to the level of their competition,  and historically allows back up QBs to have career days.
Seems to me the Vikes have put 7 teams to bed this years. Or am I missing something?
And are 3-0 versus backup QBs this year. 

Obviously, with regards to the various playoff scenarios, the
result of the Bills game isn’t affecting things as much as almost every other
factor.

However, I think the swing in narrative with a loss to an
Allen-less Bills is pretty significant.  I
think if we lose to Allen or beat Keenum or beat an obviously injured Allen, we’re
hovering around where we currently are, which is our hype is still cautiously rising,
but if we lose to Keenum, that mutes a lot of our hype.

Regardless, we need to start putting together something that
resembles a complete game in like 3 games in the rest of the season to start
feeling confident that we can go toe to toe with the best teams in the league.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Riphawkins said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Diggs is the big story line for me. After he worked his way out of Minnesota he and his team have been very successful. 

This game will set the narrative. A win and the Vikings will be viewed nationally as a legitimate contender.
A loss and they will be viewed as no serious threat. Both scenarios are probably false, but the national media likes to use the past and stereotypes to classify teams.
The new Kings of the North are upsetting the preconceived expectations of many. Feels pretty good so far.
You’re absolutely correct when you say with a loss we will be viewed as no serious threat. Which is kind of weird since the Bills are supposed to be “that team” this year.
It’s kind of like losing the Super Bowl, you suck to fans of other teams and the media because you didn’t win, but were better than the other teams and actually got there.
I’d love a win, and I absolutely don’t care how they get it. Jefferson having a big game would finalize the Diggs leaving conversation. As much as I liked his stats, he is a bit of a diva, and is a bit chirpy during games. 
But if Allen sits, there will be yet another opportunity for fans and media to put an asterisk next to the Vikings...which is probably not a bad thing. Let everyone think we're overrated. 

But someone made a good point on twitter this morning. Keenum is a very good backup, and the rest of that team is stacked, on both sides of the ball. If we go into Buffalo and beat that team, Allen or no, that would be a very significant accomplishment. 
Keenum and Diggs have history together so its not like some rookie QB from podunk state getting his first real action.  I expect CK to look every bit as good as KC does to be honest.  Cases mobility and pocket presence will give our pass rushers fits which will let Diggs do his start stop and go like hell routes that give our DBs trouble.
Depends on the placement of the horseshoe.  Case was more lucky than good.  And when the luck runs out, he throws bad INTs.
This is the Vikings,  the team that hasnt put any team to bed this year and has played to the level of their competition,  and historically allows back up QBs to have career days.
You make it sound like the Vikings stand naked and alone as the NFL's biggest fraud. *L*

Hey, we beat the Packers...who beat the Bucs and the Patriots. We beat the Lions, who beat Washington and battled the Eagles to a 35-38 loss. We beat the Saints, who beat the 6-3 Seahawks. We beat the Bears, who beat the Patriots...and the 49ers. We beat the Dolphins, who beat the Ravens...and the Bills actually.

Seeing a pattern? No, you're not. Because that's the NFL in 2022. Every game is tough. And if it's not, it has much more to do with each team's game plan than any kind of talent imbalance. 

Hype doesn’t win super bowls. I want one of them. Not some power rankings BS. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Hype doesn’t win super bowls. I want one of them. Not some power rankings BS. 
I think it would be nice to win a Super Bowl...the way a good dessert and a coffee is nice after a good meal. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Riphawkins said:
@jargomcfargo said:

Seems to me the Vikes have put 7 teams to bed this years. Or am I missing something?
7 squeaker wins is hardly what I would call putting them to bed,  even the packer win had most fans getting that uneasy feeling mid way through the game.  I dont want to see them have to face Josh Allen,  but keenum is no slouch himself.  At home and a very good roster top to bottom might be all the luck keenum needs .

I am just looking for that decisive win when they should and haven't seen it yet.  6 of our wins are against teams in the bottom half of the league and our points differential is the lowest out of the top 5 teams.  I am just not comfortable with this team yet.  

take a look at who the Eagles have beaten, not very impressive either… alot of games left to be played! 

Keenum looked good the one year here, otherwise he has sucked, hence he's bounced around alot since leaving here. I think we will handle him ok.

Winning in the NFL is hard. The Vikings are finding ways to close out games. Last year we may have had 1-2 wins in these games, but there is someting different. We play relaxed and loose, even when we are down. Last year there was so much tension, it hurt us in close games. 

@1VikesFan said:
7 squeaker wins is hardly what I would call putting them to bed,  even the packer win had most fans getting that uneasy feeling mid way through the game.  I dont want to see them have to face Josh Allen,  but keenum is no slouch himself.  At home and a very good roster top to bottom might be all the luck keenum needs .

I am just looking for that decisive win when they should and haven't seen it yet.  6 of our wins are against teams in the bottom half of the league and our points differential is the lowest out of the top 5 teams.  I am just not comfortable with this team yet.  
The Jags, Bengals and Pats have good point differentials but aren't getting the wins.

We are #6 out of the top 10 (those that have 6+ wins), better than the Jets, dolphins, giants and seahawks.  So middle of the pack.  Stats are easy to twist to whatever the agenda.

But we have 7 wins, only one team is better in that category.  I will take that over stats any day.

@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Riphawkins said:
@jargomcfargo said:

Do you really still think it's that same team? They seem a little different this year.