Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite big Week 1 win, Vikings are big underdogs vs. Steelers
Someone is trying to create a story line about a chip on the shoulder from Vegas.  That line means Pitt is about a 3pt favorite on a neutral field and that is where almost everyone would project.

The Steelers usually go 6-2 at home (or at least the last 3 years I checked).  They lost to Dallas and the Patriots at home last year two playoff teams and the SB champ.

Great test for this young offense vs a good Steeler D that had a weakness in the secondary but then signed Joe Haden right before the season started.  The OL is going to get tested much more then vs the Saints and Sam is going to have to take advantage of the blitz.

Defensively Rhodes on Brown is huge and I still think Rhodes will need Safety help - Brown is the best WR in football right now and is so allusive with the ball, like a jitterbug in the open field.  But if we can stop Bell with his rust and double Brown ...and protect Sam, we can win this game of course Smile   No easy task but a really nice early test for this team playing one of the AFC's best.  

That 6-point line is not a big surprise.  Big Ben is really good at home. Bell got the rust off in week one and should be his old self again -- i.e., the best all around RB in the league. Brown is the best receiver in the league, but not the only receiver threat on the team. Pittsburgh is a much better team than N.O. and is playing at home.  And if Bradford cannot play, that line is just going to grow.
This will be a much better test for the Vikings.  I still expect to win.

I'll say 31-23 Vikings.  We uncharacteristically give up more than 21 points, but we're on the road.  Their front seven are very good, but our WRs and TEs are better than their DBs.  Our OLine will hold up for short periods, but the Steelers will definitely get their licks in.  Regardless, take the Vikings and the points.

Just read that the early line is Vikings +4.5, and 45 points.  A little harder to take the Vikings, but I'd still do it.  And the over.

Alarming fact: Steelers sacked DeShone Kizer 7 times, 8 pressures, and held Cleveland to 2.3 yards per rush. Cleveland has what many consider the 2nd best O-line in the NFL, easily top 5. 

Zim has done a nice job against pass happy teams.  If the Steelers can't find their running game, that should really make an interesting game.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Alarming fact: Steelers sacked DeShone Kizer 7 times, 8 pressures, and held Cleveland to 2.3 yards per rush. Cleveland has what many consider the 2nd best O-line in the NFL, easily top 5. 

I watched most of that game and more than half of those sacks were on Kizer.  He was holding the ball too long looking for big plays instead of taking his check down.  Bradford won't have that issue...

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I watched most of that game and more than half of those sacks were on Kizer.  He was holding the ball too long looking for big plays instead of taking his check down.  Bradford won't have that issue...
Yeah, I actually looked into that. Sounds like the sacks were either on Kizer, the backs or the receivers. They didn't blame any on the line. 

Will be interested to see the crowd in Pittsburgh. I was stunned last year to see so many empty seats for their playoff game. Just seemed like the city was kind of blah about them. Weird.