Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite big Week 1 win, Vikings are big underdogs vs. Steelers
Despite the Vikings beating the Saints 29-19 (the score makes that seem closer than it was), Minnesota is expected to fall in Week 2.
According to Bovada sports, the Vikings are six-point underdogs to the Steelers in Pittsburgh.
This comes a bit as a surprise considering A.) the Vikings looked pretty darn good against the Saints on both sides of the ball in Week 1. And B.) The Steelers did not particularly look great in a 21-18 win over the Browns in Cleveland.
Early season trends and spreads are tough to gage for gamblers and Vegas, since we don’t know which teams are pretenders and contenders yet. Remember last season when the Vikings started 5-0 and ended it 3-8?
This is awkward.
The Vikings who follow the spreads probably have a little bit of a chip on their shoulder heading into this one.
To round out the NFC North, the Bears are seven-point underdogs in Tampa Bay and the Packers are three-point underdogs in Atlanta. No lines have been set for the Lions’ Monday Night Football matchup on the road against the Giants.

Wow, that is pretty shocking. I'd put these teams pretty even, Steelers getting the standard home field 2.5 edge. Six points is pretty nuts. But again, most of this stuff is based on last year, and it doesn't consider injuries, depth charts, etc. 

We like being underdogs!  Smile 

I am not surprised by that. That's fine. I don't really have a problem with it. They just have to go out on the field and make it happen. Don't swallow any hype, just focus and handle your business.

They should be underdogs.  Why is anyone shocked.    Pitt offense is killer with all their weapons in place.    

Vikings need to prove it more before they will be a top tier team.

Steelers are historically one of the best teams at home. Vegas still isn't buying into the Vikings yet, still some proving to do. Hence the line.

Vegas bought into the Vikings last year at 5-0.... It may take some time this year to get back up lol
I think we can very much go into Pittsburg and beat the Steelers.

Great game 1, but I still don't know what kind of team this will end-up being? 8/8 or 11/5?

Taking the Steelers and giving 6.5 (24/17)

Hope I'm wrong.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Great game 1, but I still don't know what kind of team this will end-up being? 8/8 or 11/5?

Taking the Steelers and giving 6.5 (24/17)

Hope I'm wrong.
Looking over their schedule, this might be the toughest game of the year. I can see Rhodes limiting Brown, but the Bryant and Waynes matchup has me a little nervous.

As I've said all along, I think the Vikings have an 11-5 roster. Whether they end up that way will depend on injuries.

Rapelesberger needs to be put on his can early and often.  Just getting "pressure" ain't gonna cut it this week, boys.  That will be the difference in the game...if Ben has a clean jersey, we lose.