Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's get serious, when is REED going to get a shot
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@MaroonBells said:
Reed played really well in spot duty for the Colts. One of Brandel, Reed or even Udoh could tighten up that spot. I think Ingram is the future but stunts are making him look foolish right now. It's 100% an inexperience thing. 
Granted, Ingram is the weak link on the offensive line...but he supposed to be.  Hell, he's a rookie straight out of college starting on a pro team's offensive line.  Of course, he's going to suck in his first year.  But he is our best option going forward.

Long term, no doubt. But you have a weakness like this and it's like blood in the water. Teams attack it and it gets worse and worse. They'll just keep after him.

So I do wonder if we might not be able to tighten up the blocking on those stunts by using a more experienced player. Might help Ingram too to get out of the fire a little bit and clear his head. 

yep,  sometimes the quickest way to go forward is to take a step back and evaluate and rethink your path.  Ingram might benefit from a game or two on the sideline,  but then again, if they replace him and Reed is only marginally better, but better none the less,  how/when do you get Ingram back in there?  he isnt going to grow from the bench either and like many have said,  he is the future at that position as of now.

Comment from fansided Nik Edlund - FYI

Ed Ingram – RGAnother game and another appearance by Ed Ingram on the most disappointing list. Ingram is a nice story, having earned a starting job as a second-round rookie. He started the season off pretty hot being solid in both pass protection and run blocking. He hit a wall about Week 5, and things have gone downhill since.
Ingram has been exposed just about every single week. This primarily happens in pass protection as he isn’t quick enough, isn’t strong enough, or doesn’t possess the technique to beat his man or at least fend him off long enough for Kirk Cousins to make his reads.
This week it was Da’Ron Payne getting the best of the rookie. He blew past Ingram on his way to four tackles for a loss and a sack. He also put a hit on Kirk Cousins that put him on the sidelines, which led to Nick Mullens making his first appearance in purple.
There have been calls from some in the media for the Vikings to make the move to Chris Reed for a bit. They could make that move, but the fact the team is still winning will likely mean that Ingram stays and tries to work his way out of his slump.

Is Ingram hitting his rookie wall?

[Image: ezorvd1v45fl.jpg]

Bring in competition next year for RG. I'll doubt they'll swap out Ingram this year. But who knows for sure, I guess?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Bring in competition next year for RG. I'll doubt they'll swap out Ingram this year. But who knows for sure, I guess?
I'm not really worried about him next year. I think I'd leave the line alone, and even try to re-sign Bradbury. The benefit that comes with having the same 5 guys up front two years in a row is probably greater than whatever benefit we could get from replacing him. It's certainly not going to be a pricey free agent. And even less likely to be a draft pick. 

If he continues to struggle, I'd consider looking at Reed down the stretch, but only temporarily.  

I've gone from hoping to trade Reed at the trade deadline for a 7th round pick to now wanting him to replace Ingram.

If Ingram continues to play this bad, he is going to get Cousin's hurt and we are going nowhere.  

Ingram has played or conditioned for football for about 16 months without much of a break,  yes athletes keep themselves in "shape" all the time,  but that is not football condition which is a whole other level.  He started college camp in july of 21,  played a whole season finishing up in January of 22,   likely went right into working out for the combine and then right into OTAs, MiniCamps and then after a few short weeks this summer training camp.   We talk about rookie walls all the time for RBs and other positions,  IMO Ed is just getting a bit tuckered out and his brain nor his feet and arms are working quite as quick as they did a few games back.  If he doesnt come out and play better this week,  hell the first half,  I would think they should definitely be looking at Reed.

Also our other OG needs to have a snap back game,  Cleveland was dog shit against the skins and needs to show he isnt slipping as well. 

A good shitty weather,  ground pounding attack should give everyone on our OL a boost of confidence if they come out and play with some of that nasty we saw early this year.

Ingram to Cousins be like:

[Image: a320ca8b-f0e8-499e-9cbe-8c53188ff349_text.gif]