Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's get serious, when is REED going to get a shot
at RG?  

I like the kid's capabilities but he is over his head at this point.   He has given up more sacks than any G in the league and our weakest link by far.

The Redskins have a great pair of DTs but so will top teams.  

Chris Reed gave up no sacks last year with 600 snaps in Indy.  I can't believe he would be any worse than the 2nd worst ranked G in the league right now

Stabilized RG would be a big boost for Kirk to be able to step up.

KOC, let's get serious here, he almost got Kirk knocked out today, make the change next week

It wasn't just him today. The offensive line was physically dominated. Surprised Cousins did as well as he did. But yes, it wouldn't hurt to give Reed some snaps. I think Ingram has the skill set to develop, unfortunately it may take another year to find out.

I really don't understand why someone else has not gotten a chance there.  It is not fair to the rest of the OL and Cousins.  He just seems completely overmatched.  

The whole line shit the bed today and Cousins is lucky to be upright considering all the shots he took today.

That Washington d-line is just nasty, even without Chase Young. They have the best d-tackle combo in the league and Sweat is a handful. But yes Ingram has looked overmatched in pass protection and I worry about that moving forward. Every team in the league knows it now 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
That Washington d-line is just nasty, even without Chase Young. They have the best d-tackle combo in the league and Sweat is a handful. But yes Ingram has looked overmatched in pass protection and I worry about that moving forward. Every team in the league knows it now 
Yep and they were confident. Its not like this team lacks defensive talent. They brought it and for the Vikings to counter it and still prevail on the road is noteworthy. 

As far as Ingram and his pass blocking: yeah, its a concern for sure.

Reed played really well in spot duty for the Colts. One of Brandel, Reed or even Udoh could tighten up that spot. I think Ingram is the future but stunts are making him look foolish right now. It's 100% an inexperience thing. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Reed played really well in spot duty for the Colts. One of Brandel, Reed or even Udoh could tighten up that spot. I think Ingram is the future but stunts are making him look foolish right now. It's 100% an inexperience thing. 
Granted, Ingram is the weak link on the offensive line...but he supposed to be.  Hell, he's a rookie straight out of college starting on a pro team's offensive line.  Of course, he's going to suck in his first year.  But he is our best option going forward.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Granted, Ingram is the weak link on the offensive line...but he supposed to be.  Hell, he's a rookie straight out of college starting on a pro team's offensive line.  Of course, he's going to suck in his first year.  But he is our best option going forward.

Long term, no doubt. But you have a weakness like this and it's like blood in the water. Teams attack it and it gets worse and worse. They'll just keep after him.

So I do wonder if we might not be able to tighten up the blocking on those stunts by using a more experienced player. Might help Ingram too to get out of the fire a little bit and clear his head. 

Right guard's broken! Calling for backup Reed!!
This old-school thinker can't believe he's suggesting a change on the offensive line during a six-game winning streak, but … 
This thought came to mind when Cousins was sprawled on the turf gasping for air and clutching his ribs after heaving a 47-yard completion to Jefferson: Rookie right guard Ed Ingram needs to sit for a bit. 
Daron Payne beat Ingram multiple times Sunday, including the crunching blow that sent Cousins to the sideline for one snap. In Cousins' five years with the Vikings, that's only the fifth play he has missed in a game that he's played in. 
He missed one game with COVID-19 last year and was rested for one game in 2019. Ingram, who has struggled in pass protection, gave up another sack to Payne early in the game. 
Backup Chris Reed has been inactive all season, but he's a veteran with 29 starts in 61 games.
https://www.startribune.com/mark-craigs-five-things-ron-rivera-kirk-cousins-danielle-hunter-vikings-commanders/600222720/