Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This was so cool
Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
I took my son to training camp in 1998 or 1999. We both had on Cris Carter jersey's. we were lining the sidewalk when he came out to practice, he wouldn't even acknowledge us. When practice was over, he ran right past the crowd. Jeff George stopped and signed autographs, and he stayed until everyone got one. I loved Cris, but he could of at least waved at us or acknowledged us, since wew both had on his jersey. My 10 year old son was so disappointed.
Chris Carter was a great receiver with a "Me First" type of personality...

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
I took my son to training camp in 1998 or 1999. We both had on Cris Carter jersey's. we were lining the sidewalk when he came out to practice, he wouldn't even acknowledge us. When practice was over, he ran right past the crowd. Jeff George stopped and signed autographs, and he stayed until everyone got one. I loved Cris, but he could of at least waved at us or acknowledged us, since wew both had on his jersey. My 10 year old son was so disappointed.
I was a huge fan of his game on the field... off the field... not so much,   lots of "ME" in that guy.  He had a chip on his shoulder, but it wasnt always the same one,  I think he saw himself as above those that were paying his salary, which IMO is pretty common for a lot of the blue chip athletes in many games.  Even guys that are supposedly down to earth,  blue collar types I have heard stories about how they are kinda dicks to the fans when out in public.  Of course some of that may need to be taken with context,  nice restaurant the guy is out with his wife for an anniversary dinner and schmucks want selfies with him... yeah,  I can see the Fuck Off attitude,  but in a bar or a social setting,  they should take a moment.  your deal, wouldnt have cost him a second to say "Hi kid" as he walked by.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JoDakota" said:
I was a huge fan of his game on the field... off the field... not so much,   lots of "ME" in that guy.  He had a chip on his shoulder, but it wasnt always the same one,  I think he saw himself as above those that were paying his salary, which IMO is pretty common for a lot of the blue chip athletes in many games.  Even guys that are supposedly down to earth,  blue collar types I have heard stories about how they are kinda dicks to the fans when out in public.  Of course some of that may need to be taken with context,  nice restaurant the guy is out with his wife for an anniversary dinner and schmucks want selfies with him... yeah,  I can see the Fuck Off attitude,  but in a bar or a social setting,  they should take a moment.  your deal, wouldnt have cost him a second to say "Hi kid" as he walked by.

So we've had that crap happen with my wife.  Its ok when she's "on" but damn when she's "off" it gets old.  She's had people follow her into bathrooms to ask questions get autographs etc.  Thank god it mostly only happens at the trade shows and surrounded by people in her industry otherwise you wouldn't pick her out of a crowd.  
I can't imagine what it would be like every time you're out in public having to keep your guard up like some people need to do. 

With that said.....at training camp????  Come on man.  Make a kids day.  It literally takes 2 seconds to give a kid a fist bump or scribble your name on a jersey. He should be used to doing 5-10 minutes of it each time he's out unless there's a pressing need that he's late for.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
For me, seeing this is better than winning any superbowl!
Nah....

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
Nah....
since we dont have a frame of reference.... can we really say one way or another?

I hope like hell he is wrong and finally seeing a guy wearing a Vikings jersey hoist the lombardi is much more fulfilling than watching one hug a little girl, otherwise I think I am going to be doing a lot of self reflecting on how I have spent many many hours of my life.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
Nah....
since we dont have a frame of reference.... can we really say one way or another?

I hope like hell he is wrong and finally seeing a guy wearing a Vikings jersey hoist the lombardi is much more fulfilling than watching one hug a little girl, otherwise I think I am going to be doing a lot of self reflecting on how I have spent many many hours of my life.
That same girl would hopefully be crying happy if the Vikes win a Suoer Bowl times a million.