Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope Kwesi is working the phones hard today.
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
Some teams are working them today
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022/...dline-deal

Bears trade Roquan Smith to Ravens

The linebacker conducted a “hold-in” at
the start of the season after he and new general manager Ryan Poles
couldn’t hammer out a contract extension. He then demanded a trade,
issuing a public statement that said the first-year GM was not
negotiating in good faith
Wow!

Poles really is all in on a tear-down....
Smith wasn't coming back next year. Smart moving him for draft capital.

Honestly I hope we stay put. All year weve talked about the complexities of our offense and defense. Why bring someone new into the fold half way through the season. It makes little sense. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Honestly I hope we stay put. All year weve talked about the complexities of our offense and defense. Why bring someone new into the fold half way through the season. It makes little sense. 
This is a good point. However, I think just a pin-yer-ears-back situational pass rusher could probably help fairly soon. 

I don't think anything is going to happen. It'll be too rich from a contract perspective for the team. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I don't think anything is going to happen. It'll be too rich from a contract perspective for the team. 
I didn't expect a TE trade, but getting Hockenson to add to this offense is pretty exciting. I guess we will just have to outscore everyone. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I didn't expect a TE trade, but getting Hockenson to add to this offense is pretty exciting. I guess we will just have to outscore everyone. 
Name of the game in today's NFL 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Name of the game in today's NFL 
Yep, the new saying is the best defense is a good offense in the NFL.  Feel like Hock gives us another guy who can pick up first downs in the middle of the field and be a red zone weapon. I feel like we have enough receiving options to make teams pay if they try to take away Jefferson.  Big move, wasn't expecting this and we came out giving up relatively little draft capital for a good young player.

BOOM

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
This guy is consistently wrong. You suck, dude!

You gotta love this division.  The Bears traded away Quinn and Smith along with their contracts, then out bided the Packers for Claypool...Green Bay, Chicago and Detroit are receding while Minnesota is ascending.   
They seemed to be destined to cutting their own throats, which is fine by me.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
You gotta love this division.  The Bears traded away Quinn and Smith along with their contracts, then out bided the Packers for Claypool...Green Bay, Chicago and Detroit are receding while Minnesota is ascending.   
They seemed to be destined to cutting their own throats, which is fine by me.

From what I read the Packers were all in on Claypool and the Bears swooped in last minute to deny Rodgers a WR...SWEEET!!  So the Bears helped us as well...IMO.