Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope Kwesi is working the phones hard today.
We need to add another impact player on Defense. I know we have less than a Million in Cap space, but Brez is pretty good with
making some magic happen with the money. 

Kendricks and Hunter are tying up a lot of cap space for very little impact on the field. Hunter was a little better yesterday, especially
when he had his hand in the turf, but both of them look completely uncomfortable in this scheme. That stupid non-tackle by Kendricks
yesterday is inexcusable. 

All the smoke is around a wr, not D

Not saying I agree with that either. I think this D needs to get better to win a playoff game. 

Agree that we have a ton of salary in Hunter and Kendricks and they are not thriving in this system. 

Quote: @TBro said:
We need to add another impact player on Defense. I know we have less than a Million in Cap space, but Brez is pretty good with
making some magic happen with the money. 

Kendricks and Hunter are tying up a lot of cap space for very little impact on the field. Hunter was a little better yesterday, especially
when he had his hand in the turf, but both of them look completely uncomfortable in this scheme. That stupid non-tackle by Kendricks
yesterday is inexcusable. 
twice... Kendricks did it twice, on the same drive,  same designed play to the same player only they switched sides of the field IIRC,  he went for the strip instead of taking care of business.  Now part of that is what they are being taught on D,  but there is also a time to just stop the bleeding and end a play.

With Tomlinson going out of the game with an injury is really going to test the depth along the defensive line.  It was really thin going into the game but now it is even worse unless Dalvin's injury is minor.  Not sure why the interest in a receiver is making the rounds but this defense needs reinforcements.

DL/CB and maybe a G before a WR

We might do a small time pick up/trade but I don't expect anything big.  We are light on next years picks to trade with.

Well now ISJ is hurt again so who knows if we do anything today.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
Well now ISJ is hurt again so who knows if we do anything today.  
will anyone even notice?

read that trade chatter maybe just that, teams are asking for way too much, we shall see…

Some teams are working them today
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022/...dline-deal

Bears trade Roquan Smith to Ravens

The linebacker conducted a “hold-in” at
the start of the season after he and new general manager Ryan Poles
couldn’t hammer out a contract extension. He then demanded a trade,
issuing a public statement that said the first-year GM was not
negotiating in good faith

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Some teams are working them today
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022/...dline-deal

Bears trade Roquan Smith to Ravens

The linebacker conducted a “hold-in” at
the start of the season after he and new general manager Ryan Poles
couldn’t hammer out a contract extension. He then demanded a trade,
issuing a public statement that said the first-year GM was not
negotiating in good faith
Wow!

Poles really is all in on a tear-down....