Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: OBJ in Minnesota for 'a visit'
Why would we want OBJ.  Dude is a cancer. He’s coming off a ACL tear. Im sure he wants decent money that we dont have. We already have Reagor if we want to run some more deep routes. 

Unless the plan is to run the score up to cover our D like Kansas City does then lets just go with what we have. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Why would we want OBJ.  Dude is a cancer. He’s coming off a ACL tear. Im sure he wants decent money that we dont have. We already have Reagor if we want to run some more deep routes. 

Unless the plan is to run the score up to cover our D like Kansas City does then lets just go with what we have. 
Yes, anything offensively that KC does is fine be me here.

Could be interesting if OBJ joins, only would need to make 2-3 plays a game to have an impact.  Offense could be all kinds of dangerous with Odell in the mix

I can see a case for adding a WR or a TE. Jefferson is drawing a lot of attention, but Thielen, Osborn, and Smith have not been making the most of those opportunities. It could just be a slow start or acclimating to a new offense, but I'd like to see them contribute more. I wouldn't say that adding OBJ is a make it or break it move, but I could see adding an early round receiver next year.

The Vikings just purged their roster of turds, malcontents and head cases. 

They're 5-1.

Why bring in OBJ who could fuck it all up?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:

This.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
The Vikings just purged their roster of turds, malcontents and head cases. 

They're 5-1.

Why bring in OBJ who could fuck it all up?
and this.

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
I can see a case for adding a WR or a TE. Jefferson is drawing a lot of attention, but Thielen, Osborn, and Smith have not been making the most of those opportunities. It could just be a slow start or acclimating to a new offense, but I'd like to see them contribute more. I wouldn't say that adding OBJ is a make it or break it move, but I could see adding an early round receiver next year.
Yup, that is not happening to the degree it should...

KJO/ISJ have both underperformed and have been under utilized too imo

Doogie says there is no heat for OBJ in MN, none. He's pretty tied in too. 

When is OBJ even going to be healthy enough to play?  I'm not convinced a partially healed OBJ is better than Thielen or KJO.  If the cost is low, I'd be interested in him just for the playoffs and he'd be good insurance for an injury.  I'm not convinced our limitations on offense are our WRs.  Does getting OBJ lift our offense into that tier of reliably putting up 40-50 pts in a shootout?  I think we're still limited by Cousins understanding of the offense in the short term.  Maybe come playoffs.  I do think it's a good time to think about the playoffs, as we have very high chances of making the playoffs.

Between this interest and the head scratcher of our 2022 round one pick, we should have just drafted J. Williams and debuted him late in the season.

His ability to be a threat to a top of a defense off would come in handy to open up deep middle lanes for Jefferson and Adam