Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wins
Thrilled with 3-1 start but I am looking for continued improvement which I did not see in this game from the last on any side of the ball.  

But to be 3-1 with your best and most complete game in the first week I'll certainly take it.  

We have a lot of area's for improvement.  

Never look a gift "double-doink" in the mouth...

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
https://twitter.com/SKORNorth/status/157...YHMS4HbKdg&s=19
Stone cold throw. Rookie punter, lmao.......that won't be the last time you see that.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Stone cold throw. Rookie punter, lmao.......that won't be the last time you see that.

He was a qb so that is definitely an advantage and I bet we see it again.

They are winning games they lost last year and that works for me. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
We are 3-1 and I'm still not sure if we are a good team or not. Beat a depleted Packers team week 1, barely beat a depleted Saints team today and we clearly have some issues on both sides of the ball. Those couple plays a game we've been coming up short on the last couple years under Zimmer are going our way so far this year, so at least there is that 
The team is definitely not elite at this point, but the fact that they are winning the kind of games that tormented them last season is a really good sign. I feel like O'Connell has managed the end of halves a lot better than Zimmer did. Up until today, they were keeping penalties under control. The offense is a lot more aggressive. It doesn't always work, but they are going for TDs to finish off games and are not just trying to run down the clock in the 3rd quarter. The D while not great is better than last season and they've come up with some big plays to get the other team off of the field. There is a still a lot of room for growth. The D only has the talent to be OK this year, but the offense has a chance to be special, but they really need the other skill players to step up and take advantage of the mismatches that Jefferson creates. Special teams is looking a lot better this year & I love that they already have a blocked field goal and have come close on others and converted a fake punt.

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
We are 3-1 and I'm still not sure if we are a good team or not. Beat a depleted Packers team week 1, barely beat a depleted Saints team today and we clearly have some issues on both sides of the ball. Those couple plays a game we've been coming up short on the last couple years under Zimmer are going our way so far this year, so at least there is that 
The team is definitely not elite at this point, but the fact that they are winning the kind of games that tormented them last season is a really good sign. I feel like O'Connell has managed the end of halves a lot better than Zimmer did. Up until today, they were keeping penalties under control. The offense is a lot more aggressive. It doesn't always work, but they are going for TDs to finish off games and are not just trying to run down the clock in the 3rd quarter. The D while not great is better than last season and they've come up with some big plays to get the other team off of the field. There is a still a lot of room for growth. The D only has the talent to be OK this year, but the offense has a chance to be special, but they really need the other skill players to step up and take advantage of the mismatches that Jefferson creates. Special teams is looking a lot better this year & I love that they already have a blocked field goal and have come close on others and converted a fake punt.
Agree with both takes.  We have been lucky so far but maybe it’s our turn to get lucky. God knows we haven’t had much of that in the last few years.  The Cine injury is a scary one.  Seeing that respirator in his mouth when he was carted off was chilling.

I don’t know how the local reporters have talked about the team but I have yet to hear any national announcer state what is so clear—the last two minutes of the first half and the last two minutes of the games last year were nightmares. This year has has seen a total change. Enormous difference.

Just the fake punt alone was something.  How many years has it been since we have seen a special teams play like that.  For too many years it was considered too risky of a play, it was always something the other team did to the Vikings.  Times are a changing at least so far this year.

The small things always would be a reason Minnesota would lose....now its how they've been wining.