Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wins
So hear me out. Yep, I was bitching and complaining for most of the game. Lots to worry about. Saints made some opportune penalties. Vikings should have put the game away long ago. I can do a laundry list of shit that bugged the crap out of me during that game. I'm with you. But.....

Loved the fake punt and pass for a 1st down. Loved it. The pass drop in the bucket to JJ from Cousins, awesome. But here's what I like even more: KOC has had more good, lucky shit happen to him in the first 4 games of his career than I've seen in the last 4 years of Viking's football. Could this be the dude that squashes the Viking's curse of late game collapses? Is he the guy that pulls rabbits out of his hat? I'll take these kinds of wins all day long because I see other teams do it ALL THE TIME. But not in Vikingland. Until this year.

Wins: its the only thing that matters. Gritty, hang around and make plays wins. A little luck. Hard play. Are you going to tell me you didn't expect Lutz to make that FG? Of course you did. But he bonked it around and missed. Very un-Vikinglike. Totally awesome. 

great take!

I actually didn’t expect him to make it. My wife did nd I said “two 60 yarders back to back is tough”. But damn if he wasn’t close!

I was amazed at the good luck but I love it. That fake was awesome.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
I actually didn’t expect him to make it. My wife did nd I said “two 60 yarders back to back is tough”. But damn if he wasn’t close!
I said a similar thing, said to my wife, 'He's not going to make this kick'. Just felt like it wasn't going to happen.

Also:
  • Joseph 5-5 for FGs
  • I said out loud: 'they left Kirk too much time'
  • I felt KOC would gameplan something to help the team win.
That's not at all weird thoughts/facts for Viking's fan?

We are 3-1 and I'm still not sure if we are a good team or not. Beat a depleted Packers team week 1, barely beat a depleted Saints team today and we clearly have some issues on both sides of the ball. Those couple plays a game we've been coming up short on the last couple years under Zimmer are going our way so far this year, so at least there is that 

I think with a whole new coaching staff we are nowhere near where we WILL be so being 3-1 ia gravy.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
We are 3-1 and I'm still not sure if we are a good team or not. Beat a depleted Packers team week 1, barely beat a depleted Saints team today and we clearly have some issues on both sides of the ball. Those couple plays a game we've been coming up short on the last couple years under Zimmer are going our way so far this year, so at least there is that 
Totally agree, I don't know either. But if they turn out to be a good one, these wins right now will turn out to be huge. 

This roster seems to improve as the season moves along, the start is good no doubt but damn, it seems this team could be so much better. 

Just execution, like Cousins choosing Adam for the TD instead of dumping down to Mundt who dropped it or his pass to Jefferson in the endzone behind him.

If this offense can clean up the red zone, we look impressive in the last 2 wins, the game in Philly is much closer.

The defense seems like a mess but does a good job vs scoring.  We rarely blitz or play man, but when we do it seems to work.

Go 2-1 over the next 3 and we are 5-2 through 7, hopefully gelling on offense.

The Special Teams group, they have been great so far.  I hope they keep it up because they were a big reason we won today.

Honestly? After how snake-bit we were last year? And how snake-bit Zimm was for so many of his years? I'll take a little lady luck too. 

Winning/losing margin is so thin in the nfl, I appreciate any win we get. 

Bring on the Bears and lets get to 4/1 before playing Teddy and the Phins.