Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honeymoon over for Fields?
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I watched Todd Bowles play passive D last night the first 1/2 vs Chiefs and Mahomes killed em...Made me think about Donatell right away. 

Not digging the 2 safety high look the Vikings are in so frequently. 
with our corners, you have to have  S help.  even Fields can chuck it up over the D and let a WR outrun P2 for a long gain.

The rumor about him is pure b.s.   But the reality of how bad he performs is not.   

I still think the Poles wants to dump him and draft a new guy next year.

I remember the talk about trading up for him.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
that was pretty much by one poster, who has had the fortitude to stand by his pre draft position.   lots of people wanted to move up for lots of players,  many of them will remind us all after the fact when their guy becomes a stud,  very few have the cahonas to stand by their guys when they flop though and I think we are getting close to seeing that bust/flop label applied in Chicago.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
that was pretty much by one poster, who has had the fortitude to stand by his pre draft position.   lots of people wanted to move up for lots of players,  many of them will remind us all after the fact when their guy becomes a stud,  very few have the cahonas to stand by their guys when they flop though and I think we are getting close to seeing that bust/flop label applied in Chicago.
I'm not that guy, but I wanted Fields too...I was plenty po'd when the Bears got him (I believe) at 11? and we were sitting at 14?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
It wasn't just here I was reading about people wanting to trade up for him.  There were also rumors that Spielman wanted to trade up for him but there is always a lot of rumor and speculation.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I'm not that guy, but I wanted Fields too...I was plenty po'd when the Bears got him (I believe) at 11? and we were sitting at 14?

I was never sold on him,  I didnt like his game coming out and I saw him more as a gadget QB ( read option )  I remember wanting to take Lance,  but not in the top 15,  he was a project that would need IMO at least 2 years of seasoning if not more and that made it to expensive to take him that high.

The Saints ran 16 times for 73 yards in the second half, running six times for 38 yards on their nine-play touchdown drive to take the lead in the fourth quarter. Alvin Kamara was out with a rib injury, but the Saints used veteran running backs Mark Ingram and Latavius Murray (as well as quarterback Taysom Hill) for a series of downhill runs against the Vikings in the second half.

The Vikings' struggles to contain the run in the second half are worth keeping in mind after they have allowed 302 rushing yards in its past two games. Their next opponent, the Bears, have the third-most rushing yards in the league

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-saints-london-camerson-dantzler-patrick-peterson-kevin-oconnell/600212507/

The Saints ran 16 times for 73 yards in the second half, running six times for 38 yards on their nine-play touchdown drive to take the lead in the fourth quarter. Alvin Kamara was out with a rib injury, but the Saints used veteran running backs Mark Ingram and Latavius Murray (as well as quarterback Taysom Hill) for a series of downhill runs against the Vikings in the second half.

The Vikings' struggles to contain the run in the second half are worth keeping in mind after they have allowed 302 rushing yards in its past two games. Their next opponent, the Bears, have the third-most rushing yards in the league

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-saints-london-camerson-dantzler-patrick-peterson-kevin-oconnell/600212507/
Bears are one dimensional. If the Vikings lose to the Bears, they deserve it.

The Bears don't t draft and develop   QB's.