Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly injury for Tua
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
So that looked bad. We play the dolphins in 2 weeks. Wonder if we’ll see Teddy?  Two concussions in such a short time can be life threatening. 
Guessing it's Teddy. Can't imagine anyone wants to see Tua after what we all witnessed. Protocols have to say something about that. Wouldn't even be too surprised if they shut him down. I'm sure there's plenty more to come on the Tua front. 

FWIW, Teddy looked sharp in relief last night. Significantly better than Tua was looking. 

At what point does the NFL get called out in all of this?  I find it hypocritical on how they are doing this investigation into the Tua incident and they talk about player safety, yet here are the Dolphins after playing a very physical game Sunday against their division rival having to travel to go play a game on Thursday with only one walk through for practice.  The Dolphins had a number of players who were playing hurt last night.  Thursday games do not provide enough time for recovery.  With all the money that NFL is getting from Amazon now nothing will ever change, but I do not think the NFL should get a pass in all of this. 

Matches the ugly uniforms for the Bengals.  What was that?

Some idiot at the bar started laughing when Tua went down because he had a bet on the Bengals. I went completely off on him, as did a few others. I don't give a shit if you have money on the game or are a fan of a specific team, what that guy did was completely inexcusable.

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Some idiot at the bar started laughing when Tua went down because he had a bet on the Bengals. I went completely off on him, as did a few others. I don't give a shit if you have money on the game or are a fan of a specific team, what that guy did was completely inexcusable.
Anyone that cheers on an injury or wishes for an injury is fucked up period. That's just so gross.

Come to think of it, we all had the croc tears when Barr took Rogers down too 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Good for you. I would've been right there with you. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Anyone that cheers on an injury or wishes for an injury is fucked up period. That's just so gross.
Kind of the hypocrisy of our sport though isn't it?  We tune in year round for a game that is basically modern day gladiators.  Most aren't openly joyful like the jerk at the bar,  but deep down I think most all football fans find something in watching our guy wreck the opposing player,  and if it leads to an injury,   well thats part of the game isn't it?  We don't openly cheer the injury,  but we keep tuning in knowing damn well that we are going to see one or more every game.

There's a reason Jacked Up was one of the most popular spots in sports coverage,   it fed something in us deep down that we enjoyed.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Kind of the hypocrisy of our sport though isn't it?  We tune in year round for a game that is basically modern day gladiators.  Most aren't openly joyful like the jerk at the bar,  but deep down I think most all football fans find something in watching our guy wreck the opposing player,  and if it leads to an injury,   well thats part of the game isn't it?  We don't openly cheer the injury,  but we keep tuning in knowing damn well that we are going to see one or more every game.

There's a reason Jacked Up was one of the most popular spots in sports coverage,   it fed something in us deep down that we enjoyed.
There's a difference between a big hit (even one that results in an injury)....and the televised horror we witnessed on Thursday.  

Not sure what Jacked Up is, but I enjoyed doing it when I played. It's different now though. Probably the father in me. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:

There's a difference between a big hit (even one that results in an injury)....and the televised horror we witnessed on Thursday.  

Not sure what Jacked Up is, but I enjoyed doing it when I played. It's different now though. Probably the father in me. 
Exactly. I root for the hit, I don't root for the injury. I have heard fans literally say break his leg. There is a difference.