Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly injury for Tua

This is the worst case scenario for the Dolphins. First, their ascending starting QB is hurt, and second, it really shines a bright light on their actions regarding his “back” injury just 4 days prior.

Hope Tua escapes this without any long-term ill effects. It seems to be the cumulative effects of multiple concussions that causes the most issues, especially if he wasn’t fully back to normal after Sunday’s injury.

Unfortunately, this will put him at a high risk for CTE later in life. That take down was ROUGH. You hate to be sacked by a DT. Powerful. 

Got a very good backup in Teddy. His only pick wasn't his fault. 

Feel bad for Tua. I have a feeling this whole thing is going to be explode. The throw-down tackle, the staggering last week, the Dolphins decision to put him back in, the team doctor, the coach, the ownership, the protocol, concussions, CTE, etc. It's going to be a huge story that will transcend sports and have a big impact on the NFL.

He was cleared after last game which he shouldn't have been after an alleged back injury. Absolutely brutal. I shut off the game after that. 

That DT didnt need to take him down like that - that was B.S. 

I hope Tua comes back 100% and can have fun playing the game again soon. Been a fan of his since his college days.

Edit: @StickyBun - you guys ok in FL where you live? Hope so! 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

I hope Tua comes back 100% and can have fun playing the game again soon. Been a fan of his since his college days.

Tua is fighting not to get taken down... the goal is to get them down as expediently as possible,  you dont have time to make sure they dont fall wrong.  The league has made it so damn tough to tackle a QB that its all but impossible to make a legal tackle as it is.  was he slung down,  yes,  but part of that is just a result of Tua trying to avoid getting tackled,  remember you cant wrap up a QB and drive through the tackle to the ground like you would any other player because you cant land on them... this is a result of that.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

All good, PF, over here on the southern east coast. Got probably 5 inches of rain in 2 days and some gusts around 45 mph, but that was it. Sadly, the west coast around Ft. Meyers it was very bad. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

All good, PF, over here on the southern east coast. Got probably 5 inches of rain in 2 days and some gusts around 45 mph, but that was it. Sadly, the west coast around Ft. Meyers it was very bad. 
citizenfreepress.com/breaking/ft-myers-is-absolutely-leveled/

check out this link for some eye opening shots... and take note of who is posting some of this stuff.... maybe some will remember ?

So that looked bad. We play the dolphins in 2 weeks. Wonder if we’ll see Teddy?  Two concussions in such a short time can be life threatening.