Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings still interested in Suh?
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
They sure do need pressure up the middle, along with corner upgrades vs P2 and Dantzler...I am disappointed in DH so far too. 

This is a bit of heresy, but I'm not convinced this 3/4 is the best scheme for Kendricks. Time will tell. 

He's had some pass break-up's that I can remember, but I'm thinking father time may have caught him. He may have lost a step or so going into his 8th season. The DT's may not be helping him along either. 

We're going to need to invest in the D next year, I have no doubt about that - just make sure to get me QBOTF KAM. 

Kendricks played w/ a toe injury, that probably slowed him some…

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
We need some inside pressure.  We've currently got none. Hell, we don't have outside pressure either so you know.....
Lions are weak at guard so I was surprised we weren't better able to take advantage of that. But by most rankings, we just played two OLs that rank in the top 5. Should see a little more pressure against the Saints and Bears. 
well... could it also be said that a big part of their top 5 rankings is because they played against our D ?  kind of like when our run game D was ranked so high people said it was because nobody could run on us,  but really its because our pass D was so bad that nobody bothered to really try.
Those were before season rankings. 
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...rhykkdf3p3
Also has the Bengals oline ranked as #7.
Bengals line should be better. They brought in 3 solid players to beef it up. What's more, there are those around the Bengals who think the sackfest is less the fault of the line, and more the QB. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
We need some inside pressure.  We've currently got none. Hell, we don't have outside pressure either so you know.....
Lions are weak at guard so I was surprised we weren't better able to take advantage of that. But by most rankings, we just played two OLs that rank in the top 5. Should see a little more pressure against the Saints and Bears. 
well... could it also be said that a big part of their top 5 rankings is because they played against our D ?  kind of like when our run game D was ranked so high people said it was because nobody could run on us,  but really its because our pass D was so bad that nobody bothered to really try.
Bengals line should be better. They brought in 3 solid players to beef it up. What's more, there are those around the Bengals who think the sackfest is less the fault of the line, and more the QB. 
Kind of the same here at times, not every sack is on the OL just like not every pick is on the QB.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Kind of the same here at times, not every sack is on the OL just like not every pick is on the QB.
Same everywhere IMO. For example, I think the Packers OL has been a little overrated due to how quickly Rodgers gets rid of the ball. 

Remember Charles Johnson? Thought to be pretty good in Indy protecting Peyton Manning's blind side, even won a Super Bowl....only to be severely exposed attempting to do the same for Christian Ponder. 

Purple FTW says bring in Linval Joseph.

He is probably at least as good as Suh and would cost a lot less. I believe he lives in Minnesota too.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:

He is probably at least as good as Suh and would cost a lot less. I believe he lives in Minnesota too.
IIRC, LJ was done when he was still here 5 years ago.  He was still a large man,  but he didn't hold up against double teams and wasn't effective against single man blocks to make plays.  Loved the guy but I dont think so.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:

IIRC, LJ was done when he was still here 5 years ago.  He was still a large man,  but he didn't hold up against double teams and wasn't effective against single man blocks to make plays.  Loved the guy but I dont think so.
Agreed. He's broken down a bit and out of shape. I'm sure he'd be on a squad somewhere if he had something in the tank.