Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Thielen done?
Quote: @Bullazin said:
When Oconnel took the blame i thought that was bullshit, still think it was primarily the D. If i wanted to place blame on the HC, it was that they forced the ball to JJ against Slay, who had one helluva game. 
I dont disagree with this at all. What I dont understand is if JJ is going to take their best DB and have help…why not exploit that?  That leaves all kinds of times to go to everyone but JJ. 

Thielen did fine when his number was called. KOC needs to figure out how to get him more involved. At least he doesn't drop wide open passes like Irv. 

Quote: @Mattyman said:
 After Week #1 there was a 0% chance the Eagles were gonna let JJ beat them ,at home, on MNF.

Yep,  if trying to force week one onto the eagles was the plan,  it was a bad one. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Mattyman said:
 After Week #1 there was a 0% chance the Eagles were gonna let JJ beat them ,at home, on MNF.

Yep,  if trying to force week one onto the eagles was the plan,  it was a bad one. 
This is what I think is confusing.  It looked like they tried to keep the randy
ratio, but failed to try any of the stuff that worked really well from week
1.  Like I didn’t notice him moving
around as much and running routes out of different positions.  I think it was obvious that some team was
going to figure out how to stop Jefferson, so we should probably have a plan to
counter that, and it didn’t feel like there was much of a plan on what to do
after that.

If anybody is done its the DC, looked like last year all over again.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/SeanBormanNFL/status...SNMhrsYVVA&s=19
A tough loss is when you play a great game, but come up short, this was an embarrassing loss which was due to an awful game plan and lack of effort.  Maybe people should have been upset and negative and delivering a wake up call to a team and coaching staff that just slept walk through an entire game.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
A tough loss is when you play a great game, but come up short, this was an embarrassing loss which was due to an awful game plan and lack of effort.  Maybe people should have been upset and negative and delivering a wake up call to a team and coaching staff that just slept walk through an entire game.  
I agree. I think my biggest issue with the loss is some of my fears regarding the coaching staff came to fruition. OConnel's a young guy, never has been head coach before, and you wonder how he does as far as dictating the flow of the game or making adjustments. There's going to be some growing pains there. I've never been a believer in Ed Donnatel and our defensive game plan didn't work in any capacity against the Eagles. I'm not sure what we were doing out there 

KOC is not the only young new head coach but he is going to have to learn and adjust. He is learning on the job. There will be growing pains. The Wilfs are going to learn what has been branded as a competitive rebuild looks like. There are a lot of moving parts and things going on. It is early yet but at least they are sticking together. Onward and upward. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I haven't focused on Thielen much, but when he's been targeted, he looks like the same guy.  The one thing I've noticed is it seems like he's running more routes to clear room for others which is a change from years past when he was sharing the primary looks with Jefferson.

My biggest complaint thru the first two games is it seems like Cook and Thielen are more of an afterthought in the offense and everything is centered around Jefferson early until we're forced to go other directions. 

Look it up...  Thielen has 11 targets thru 2 games and 10 of those have come in the 3rd or 4th quarter.  Dalvin Cook is averaging 13 rushing attempts per game...  I'll stop right there.
I'll agree with your take as it pertains to Thielen.  The Cook analysis seems off. In a 2 game sample he went from 20 carries to 6. The average gets out of whack in a hurry when he goes from workhorse to forgotten man. Injury or scheme? Important to remember that even against GB with 20 carries, he wasn't that effective. Mattison looks to be hitting the seams with more authority.