Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit is going to be a tough game
Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
I think the game will be a good indicator of who we really are. Are we closer to the team that beat up on GB, or are closer to the team that shit the bed in almost every possible way last night?
The team isn't as good as they played against GB & not as bad as they looked last nite.
If so then they're no better than a .500 team. Still a lot of football left, hopefully they can iron out some of the kinks because 3 out of the next 4 games are definitely a challenge.  

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
@"Knucklehead" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
I think the game will be a good indicator of who we really are. Are we closer to the team that beat up on GB, or are closer to the team that shit the bed in almost every possible way last night?
The team isn't as good as they played against GB & not as bad as they looked last nite.
If so then they're no better than a .500 team. Still a lot of football left, hopefully they can iron out some of the kinks because 3 out of the next 4 games are definitely a challenge.  
All new coaches and systems. I wouldn’t be entirely disappointed with .500

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"Knucklehead" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
All new coaches and systems. I wouldn’t be entirely disappointed with .500
I would be,  with the talent we have and the ez schedule,  500 would be very disappointing. 

Detroit almost beat Philly and ran all over them.  They've put up over 30pts in their first two games.  I wouldn't be surprised if we lose by 7 to 10 points.  That Monday night game showed a very soft Viking team that doesn't like getting punched in the nose, and I fully expect Detroit will come out swinging.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Detroit almost beat Philly and ran all over them.  They've put up over 30pts in their first two games.  I wouldn't be surprised if we lose by 7 to 10 points.  That Monday night game showed a very soft Viking team that doesn't like getting punched in the nose, and I fully expect Detroit will come out swinging.

I have major concerns about the defense and I hate the game Donatell called Monday night. But I think we win at least 2 of the next 3...Vikings @ home is a vastly different team than on the road on MNF. 

We also just dont match-up well with an RPO and its not shameful to lose to a team that is probably top 4 in NFC in their house. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

I have major concerns about the defense and I hate the game Donatell called Monday night. But I think we win at least 2 of the next 3...Vikings @ home is a vastly different team than on the road on MNF. 

We also just dont match-up well with an RPO and its not shameful to lose to a team that is probably top 4 in NFC in their house. 
I agree, but our offense couldn't run the ball one bit Monday night, and that caused a bunch of problems with Kirk and the passing game. 

Maybe the Philly game was a fluke, and the Vikes bounce back, but I don't trust them yet.  Was the Packer game a version of the "real" Vikes, or was it the MNF game?  Maybe both, but that's a huge contrast.
I won't be surprised if the Vikes win, but I won't be surprised if Detroit beats them by 10 either.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

I agree, but our offense couldn't run the ball one bit Monday night, and that caused a bunch of problems with Kirk and the passing game. 

Maybe the Philly game was a fluke, and the Vikes bounce back, but I don't trust them yet.  Was the Packer game a version of the "real" Vikes, or was it the MNF game?  Maybe both, but that's a huge contrast.
I won't be surprised if the Vikes win, but I won't be surprised if Detroit beats them by 10 either.
I think the Green Bay game is a little closer to who we are. The reason I say that is, despite the lopsided final score, the Vikings defense held the Eagles scoreless in the 2nd half while the offense made 3 trips to the red zone, which resulted in zero points.  

I don’t know that I buy that the Vikings defense played better in the second half just because the Eagles didn’t score.  

We got the ball at the beginning of the second half and drove the field only to be intercepted and the Eagles then drove back down the field to get a field goal blocked.  By the time this had all occurred, the third quarter was nearing an end.  The forth quarter was full of turn overs.  I believe the Eagles were only forced to punt twice by our defense.

I did hear where the Vikings did make some defensive adjustments but we still remained in the shell coverage and played the bend don’t break defense that everyone loves.

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
I don’t know that I buy that the Vikings defense played better in the second half just because the Eagles didn’t score.  

We got the ball at the beginning of the second half and drove the field only to be intercepted and the Eagles then drove back down the field to get a field goal blocked.  By the time this had all occurred, the third quarter was nearing an end.  The forth quarter was full of turn overs.  I believe the Eagles were only forced to punt twice by our defense.

I did hear where the Vikings did make some defensive adjustments but we still remained in the shell coverage and played the bend don’t break defense that everyone loves.
I fully agree.  Kirk just got worse as the game went on and he seemed to give up in the 4th quarter by the way he was lobbing balls to a very covered JJ.
Yeah, the Eagles didn't score in the 2nd half, but I think they called off the dogs a bit because they didn't really need more points.  It looked like men vs boys the entire game including the 2nd half.
It's early, but I don't think this team is anywhere near a playoff caliber team.  Hopefully they can get better as the season progresses, but that MNF game looked very familiar to the Zimmer coached teams these past couple seasons.

As someone mentioned above, I was surprised we couldn’t run on Philly after Swift and Jamaal Williams torched them the week before. Hoping for a big bounceback from Dalvin and the O-line this week. Without that, this will be a tough game to win.