Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booth and Cine
Quote: @JR44 said:
Watching Bynum play a solid game continues to make the trade down and the Cine pick a very questionable move.   If we were going defense, I would think a DL who fit the new 3-4 scheme would have made so much more sense, just seems like there were so many other positions of need.  
This guy ain't getting any younger:

[Image: R.a8e63d4d5e103fc94bd3f5dcc0bb0818?rik=P...ImgRaw&r=0]

Quote: @JR44 said:
Watching Bynum play a solid game continues to make the trade down and the Cine pick a very questionable move.   If we were going defense, I would think a DL who fit the new 3-4 scheme would have made so much more sense, just seems like there were so many other positions of need.  
In all fairness since we haven't seen Cine on the field, we have no idea how the team plans to use him.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Also read somewhere that Dantzler left the game but was able to come back. Hopefully that doesn't linger. The secondary can't afford too many injuries. If Cine is back, I wonder if they use him as a spy for Hurts. Asamoah would also be good in that role. His speed and range is amazing. 
Dantzler had cramps.....
Yep. Saw the training staff stretching him on the sidelines.

@JR44 said:

True but he made some great plays on Sunday [Image: xbns4tim8b3h.gif]

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:

Yep and he's not going anywhere next year either as his dead cap hit is HUGE.

@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:

Yep and he's not going anywhere next year either as his dead cap hit is HUGE.
Year after that Cine will be starting and Harry will probably retire. 

Bynum another new starter for 2022 was a good find by Spelly - late 4th rounder converted CB.  

Harry is an estimated 19 million Cap hit for next year which is not going to happen.  They will redo but bottom line is that Cine is the expected heir apparent for a lot less - typical position progression planning.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
Bynum another new starter for 2022 was a good find by Spelly - late 4th rounder converted CB.  

Harry is an estimated 19 million Cap hit for next year which is not going to happen.  They will redo but bottom line is that Cine is the expected heir apparent for a lot less - typical position progression planning.  
I can see what happened to Rudy happening to Harry. Vikings draft his replacement, give Harry an extension that looks like a 3 or 4-year deal, but since they would obviously eliminate dead space, it's really a one or two-year deal, giving the young player another year to get up to speed.

After this year, maybe next, the money we're willing to spend on Harry becomes much less than he'd get on the open market. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JR44 said:
I think the Cine pick mentality was to have a back-up for an older Dirty Harry, go big 3 @ safety for now. 

And be Smith's eventual replacement at the SS position.  Bynum is a free safety.

I feel like it’s too early for us as fans to
start planning for his exit.  I’d rather
just enjoy watching him play, and Cine isn’t a given at all.