Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booth and Cine

Injury prone......cut them.

Also read somewhere that Dantzler left the game but was able to come back. Hopefully that doesn't linger. The secondary can't afford too many injuries. If Cine is back, I wonder if they use him as a spy for Hurts. Asamoah would also be good in that role. His speed and range is amazing. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Also read somewhere that Dantzler left the game but was able to come back. Hopefully that doesn't linger. The secondary can't afford too many injuries. If Cine is back, I wonder if they use him as a spy for Hurts. Asamoah would also be good in that role. His speed and range is amazing. 
Dantzler had cramps.....

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Dantzler had cramps.....

[Image: 9NECE.jpg]

Rookie safety Lewis Cine sat out Sunday with a knee injury, but is expected to make his NFL debut next Monday at Philadelphia.
Minnesota Vikings safety Lewis Cine (6) tosses the football around before the start NFL football game against Green Bay at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis on Sunday, Sept. 11, 2022. Cine was listed as inactive for Sunday’s game. (John Autey / Pioneer Press)
“Lew Cine should be somebody we expect to get back this week,’’ O’Connell said of the No. 32 pick in the first round. “Lew is kind of chomping at the bit to get going. He’s done everything we’ve asked from a rehab standpoint. We’ll see what his practice schedule looks like, but we’re expecting to hopefully have Lew.”
The news is not as encouraging on cornerback Andrew Booth Jr., a second-round pick. Booth suffered a quad injury against the Packers and it’s uncertain if he will play against the Eagles.
“(It’s a) soft tissue type of deal,’’ O’Connell said. “It’s something we’re still evaluating, trying to see what his weekly schedule is going to be like to maybe see if we can give him a shot to be ready to go with the extra day this week. Definitely not a long-term thing.
https://www.twincities.com/2022/09/12/sa...me-record/

Watching Bynum play a solid game continues to make the trade down and the Cine pick a very questionable move.   If we were going defense, I would think a DL who fit the new 3-4 scheme would have made so much more sense, just seems like there were so many other positions of need.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
Watching Bynum play a solid game continues to make the trade down and the Cine pick a very questionable move.   If we were going defense, I would think a DL who fit the new 3-4 scheme would have made so much more sense, just seems like there were so many other positions of need.  
I think the Cine pick mentality was to have a back-up for an older Dirty Harry, go big 3 @ safety for now. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
The DB room needed a youth and talent infusion. Harry looked solid but but PP7 looked old. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JR44 said:
I think the Cine pick mentality was to have a back-up for an older Dirty Harry, go big 3 @ safety for now. 

Cine was picked to eventually, probably not far down the road, replace Harry.