Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain Kirk
I'm glad he feels better, but I'll believe something beyond feelings is different when he gets the job done in pressure and off-script situations, and wins some big games for the team.

Kirks got a chace to do it under the lights on Monday. I’m ready!!

Quote: @"comet52" said:
I'm glad he feels better, but I'll believe something beyond feelings is different when he gets the job done in pressure and off-script situations, and wins some big games for the team.
I see off script as the least developed aspect of his game. But he shouldn't need it as much this year. It appears this line is going to give him better protection, which should improve as the season progresses. He seems to do pretty good when he has protection; and he has Jefferson. I think he will have his best year ever.
I think the game will be won or lost by the defense next Monday.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I said the energy was different at camp and I was told I was nuts but it is true. I am happy to see it. The new coaching staff has a plan that seems to be clicking. Yes it's early but it's something to build on. I am happy for him. 
You were right.

I enjoy the wins one game at a time. Its ok to be excited right now for this win, in fact, be REALLY excited. I'll be excited all week until Monday night football. It doesn't mean I don't understand there are things to work on for the team.....I do get that. I get it doesn't guarantee anything other than being 1-0 after one game. I'm happy for Kirk as well. 

Sadly, I get the impression that a few fans here (not you at all) were waiting for KOC to shit the bed yesterday so they could piss in everyone's cornflakes about it and bemoan Zimmer being gone. Kind of quiet here this morning surprisingly.
Oh no doubt, just like there are people that want KAM to fail because they feel he has no business having the GM job.

The energy was beyond rah rah, kumbaya too. It was a deeply rooted positive and creative vibe. The videos I have of how excited Cousins, Thielen and Jefferson were talking with O'Connell and gesturing animatedly about a play or a route is ridiculous. KOC talks to everyone. And the enthusiasm is infectious. It was like being shaken out of a fog and being given great ideas or being allowed to contribute and it is awesome. I mean Cousins audibled yesterday. He seems so confident. Everyone is being heard. The defensive energy is great as is the special teams. 
Well said. There's all kinds of video evidence from the game/on the sidelines of exactly what you are saying.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I said the energy was different at camp and I was told I was nuts but it is true. I am happy to see it. The new coaching staff has a plan that seems to be clicking. Yes it's early but it's something to build on. I am happy for him. 
You were right.

I enjoy the wins one game at a time. Its ok to be excited right now for this win, in fact, be REALLY excited. I'll be excited all week until Monday night football. It doesn't mean I don't understand there are things to work on for the team.....I do get that. I get it doesn't guarantee anything other than being 1-0 after one game. I'm happy for Kirk as well. 

Sadly, I get the impression that a few fans here (not you at all) were waiting for KOC to shit the bed yesterday so they could piss in everyone's cornflakes about it and bemoan Zimmer being gone. Kind of quiet here this morning surprisingly.
Oh no doubt, just like there are people that want KAM to fail because they feel he has no business having the GM job.

The energy was beyond rah rah, kumbaya too. It was a deeply rooted positive and creative vibe. The videos I have of how excited Cousins, Thielen and Jefferson were talking with O'Connell and gesturing animatedly about a play or a route is ridiculous. KOC talks to everyone. And the enthusiasm is infectious. It was like being shaken out of a fog and being given great ideas or being allowed to contribute and it is awesome. I mean Cousins audibled yesterday. He seems so confident. Everyone is being heard. The defensive energy is great as is the special teams. 
Well said. There's all kinds of video evidence from the game/on the sidelines of exactly what you are saying.
I'm curious who wants KAM to fail?  I have seen a few who have said he might be in over his head or that they would have preferred a different GM candidate,   but I dont think I've seen anybody posting or talking about him failing as a good thing.

As far as the rah ran,  it's refreshing to see,  but I am also tempered in my enthusiasm for what it means,  Zim ran the team like a prison warden,  players felt oppressed,  of course they are going to be happier with a more relaxed environment,   will that mean more wins in the long run... maybe or it might mean some players get lazy or take advantage of KOCs good demeanor in other ways that are detrimental to the team.  Either way its going to be about the Xs and Os, and the task will get more difficult as we put more of our O amd D on tape,  the packers had no film to work from either side of the ball,  now there's 1 game,   and that reference point will grow each week allowing the opponents to prepare with better knowledge of who they will be facing.  Will the player excitement still be there when the games aren't as meaningful and the outcomes not a glorious?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
You were right.

I'm curious who wants KAM to fail?  I have seen a few who have said he might be in over his head or that they would have preferred a different GM candidate,   but I dont think I've seen anybody posting or talking about him failing as a good thing.

As far as the rah ran,  it's refreshing to see,  but I am also tempered in my enthusiasm for what it means,  Zim ran the team like a prison warden,  players felt oppressed,  of course they are going to be happier with a more relaxed environment,   will that mean more wins in the long run... maybe or it might mean some players get lazy or take advantage of KOCs good demeanor in other ways that are detrimental to the team.  Either way its going to be about the Xs and Os, and the task will get more difficult as we put more of our O amd D on tape,  the packers had no film to work from either side of the ball,  now there's 1 game,   and that reference point will grow each week allowing the opponents to prepare with better knowledge of who they will be facing.  Will the player excitement still be there when the games aren't as meaningful and the outcomes not a glorious?
My enthusiasm is also tempered, but I'm choosing to enjoy the victory Sunday vigorously. That's the only difference. Then you missed the talk about KOC and KAM then....it was there during the preseason. Don't know what to tell you if you didn't see it. Didn't say it was a majority. We all know its a long season, trust me we get it. But don't even tell me if the team would have lost to Green Bay, people wouldn't have been BITCHING that its the same ol', same ol' and the new regime is garbage. So which overreaction do you seem more comfortable with? Negative or positive? That's what it comes down to. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
You were right.

My enthusiasm is also tempered, but I'm choosing to enjoy the victory Sunday vigorously. That's the only difference. Then you missed the talk about KOC and KAM then....it was there during the preseason. Don't know what to tell you if you didn't see it. Didn't say it was a majority. We all know its a long season, trust me we get it. But don't even tell me if the team would have lost to Green Bay, people wouldn't have been BITCHING that its the same ol', same ol' and the new regime is garbage. So which overreaction do you seem more comfortable with? Negative or positive? That's what it comes down to. 
I havent seen any rooting for their failure,  of course there were people that would have preferred a different candidate,  but I havent seen any posts by those hoping for them to fail.  KAMS first attempt at a draft was certainly open for question,  and it was, but I didnt see anybody relishing in its questionable outcome and as far as KOC,  I think at most there has been tempered expectations given his lack of experience,  not that he shouldnt have gotten the job,  or even that somebody else would have been a better candidate,  simply that the rainbows and sunshine crowd might not see their expectations met in his first year.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
You were right.

Other than the occasional nut that claims to be a Viking fan but really hates them, I doubt anyone is rooting for Kwezi or KOC to fail.  So the comment is what it is.  

We shall see if the players coach works this time.  With a good team, with good character players left over from the previous regime, it might be the right time.

I liked Zim, but it was obvious these last two years were not right.  He didn't have the players on the backend in his D to make it work.  And his time had come along with Rick's.  But as you said, will this staff get a different response when it isn't going well, when the curse takes out the season?  We shall see.  I certainly hope so.