Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davis Mills should have been the choice by Rick
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
The suck that was Rick is gone, praise the Lord!
He's not gone yet. His fingerprints are still all over this team in JJ and Dalvin and Thielen and KJO and Cousins and Darrisaw and Cleveland and O'Neill and Hunter and Kendricks and Harry and Joseph and....
Rick also made some horrific decisions. He needed to be gone and didn't do well at the end of the day. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Rick couldn't get the qb pick right that's part of why he is gone.
He's gone for one reason and one reason only: he let the Zimmer shit happen and did nothing. What's more, he did get the QB right. The QB is Kirk Cousins.

People can talk about Davis Mills all they want, but in the 3rd round you're pretty much just guessing. If you think the Texans are not going to take a QB high in next year's draft, you're fooling yourself. 
Lol I don't know why you attached this to me. I didn't say Mills would have been the right choice. The wrong one was Ponder. And yeah he picked Zimmer so there you go, that's on him too. He took a shot with Mond. Cousins is where we are now. And I know he made plenty of good draft picks but it was way beyond time to move on.
I was never as high on RS as some were,  but I dont think I will ever be convinced that Zimmer was RS's choice.  I will likely always believe that he just went along with what the Wilfs were told to do by Parcells since they thought the Tuna walked on water from their days of being Giants fans.

@comet52 said:
He's not gone yet. His fingerprints are still all over this team in JJ and Dalvin and Thielen and KJO and Cousins and Darrisaw and Cleveland and O'Neill and Hunter and Kendricks and Harry and Joseph and....
Take your nose out of Rick's rear end and enjoy the new regime!

Quote: @comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
I'm not pro or anti Rick. After hearing how things went down behind the scenes, I'm happy he's gone. And, save the inadequate compensation for our trade down in the 1st this year, I couldn't be happier with the moves the new regime has made. 

But I'm also a big fan of the truth. And there's no way anyone could legitimately, objectively argue that anyone but Rick Spielman built the core of this team, the talent on the field that beat the Packers (see above). From JJ to Dalvin to Darrisaw to O'Neill, etc., etc. 

Don't be afraid of the truth, Comet, whatever it is, regardless of agenda or narrative. Someone once said it will set you free.  

Rick did some great things and built a solid core of this team. He also had many faults, first and foremost being unable or unwilling to fix the offensive line year after year after year. Truly maddening.

But yes the #1 reason he was fired was because how toxic things got towards the end. 

I also think the desire for a fresh start and a clean break from both Zim and Rick played a hand in it. I have to think it’s easier to start anew at both positions with new GM and HC “in the foxhole” together versus an incumbant GM getting another crack at finding the right head coach. The total fresh start is also an easier sell to fans, ticket holders, etc. 

EDIT- and yeah, Davis Mills should have of course been the pick. Rick’s complete neglect of the QB2 position for most of a decade was boneheaded as well. Gino Smith won a game last night! And looked solid! Yet somehow we could never find anyone remotely servicable. 

@comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
I'm not pro or anti Rick. After hearing how things went down behind the scenes, I'm happy he's gone. And, save the inadequate compensation for our trade down in the 1st this year, I couldn't be happier with the moves the new regime has made. 

But I'm also a big fan of the truth. And there's no way anyone could legitimately, objectively argue that anyone but Rick Spielman built the core of this team, the talent on the field that beat the Packers (see above). From JJ to Dalvin to Darrisaw to O'Neill, etc., etc. 

Don't be afraid of the truth, Comet, whatever it is, regardless of agenda or narrative. Someone once said it will set you free.  
The truth is Rick couldn't build a winner.   Not too scary, just reality.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...5749518342
I watched that game and neither teams coach trusted their QB to throw a pass over 5 yards. Accuracy is the number one skill in a QB that, is innate, for the most part can't be taught. The odds are low that either of these guys become top level NFL QB's. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...5749518342
49'ers would have probably won that game with JG @ QB...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
49'ers would have probably won that game with JG @ QB...

100% agree