Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say hi to your new MVP Daddy, bitches....
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Copycats. That's where I put my money....about two months ago. The odds are long but the potential payout is nice. But is he really that far away? In terms of numbers, no. 
2021 MVP: Rodgers 4100, 37, 4, 111 rating
2020 MVP: Brady 5300, 43, 12 102 rating
2019 MVP: Jackson 3127, 36, 6, 113 rating
2021 Cousins: 4200, 33, 7, 103 rating
But in order to be considered, this has to be a team that makes the playoffs and wins at least 11-ish games. With the new coach, new offense, better OL, weapons and defense, it's not as crazy as it might sound. 
Listening to this on the radio today and it was noted that the Vikings would also likely have to win their division along with Kirk's stats.   Not sure how legit that is,  but it was said and I would tend to agree with it, wild card playoffs aren't likely enough to get the award.

That is hilarious! Never gonna happen...

Lol that's cute. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
Copycats. That's where I put my money....about two months ago. The odds are long but the potential payout is nice. But is he really that far away? In terms of numbers, no. 
But in order to be considered, this has to be a team that makes the playoffs and wins at least 11-ish games. With the new coach, new offense, better OL, weapons and defense, it's not as crazy as it might sound. 
The big KOC hasn’t ever called plays. To me thats the scary part. Maybe he’ll launch right into it or maybe there’s a big adjustment time. Its to early to tell. 

But if you think that Zim and Kirk never got along, imagine what happens when Koc and Kirk get along. 
I'm sure KOC will need some time to settle in as both coach and play caller. Performing both duties could be challenging. But it wasn't a problem for McVay. And the other tree branch, Zac Taylor, didn't call plays before doing so with the Bengals and taking them to the Super Bowl. 

Here's a quote about KOC I read recently: 
"He is the most important part of the offensive brain trust that develops the Rams' game plans, designs their plays and then implements all the details necessary to make it work on Sundays," Beachum said. "It's the biggest role on the offense that doesn't belong to Sean McVay. Kevin is in charge of making sure everything works, and Sean likes him in the role so much that he blocked Kevin from interviewing last year to be the Chargers' offensive coordinator when Brandon Staley moved across town." 
I'm not concerned as much about play calling as I am about his in-game decisions as head coach. Time management, red flags, 4th down decisions, that sort of thing. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
Listening to this on the radio today and it was noted that the Vikings would also likely have to win their division along with Kirk's stats.   Not sure how legit that is,  but it was said and I would tend to agree with it, wild card playoffs aren't likely enough to get the award.
Yeah, no doubt. The team doesn't have to win the Super Bowl--see Rodgers, Jackson--but it does have to win and be a factor in the playoffs. And I'd say the QB has to be a big reason why. But it's not this big, impossible thing that so many think it is. Gannon, Ryan, Jackson, Cam Newton...all previous MVPs. It's meaningless, but fun thing to bet on. 

Since the MVP is voted on right after the regular season is over,  supposedly playoff results are immaterial,   but a qb on a wild card team isn't likely to get much consideration. 

With the weapons Kirk has and an improving line,  there is absolutely no reason he couldn't be in consideration given the offense and his playing style.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/pro/vikings-kirk-cousins-shrugs-off-mvp-predictions-prefers-to-focus-on-sundays-opener-vs-packersMINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins woke up
Wednesday morning to find out that not one but two NFL Network analysts
have predicted he will be named the NFL’s Most Valuable Player this
season.
It all started late Tuesday night when NFL Network sent
out a graphic that showed who some analysts picked for MVP. There were
the typical predictions of Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers and
Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen, but hall of fame wide receiver Michael
Irvin selected Cousins.
Then on Wednesday morning, analyst Kyle
Brandt said on “Good Morning Football” that Cousins is his MVP choice,
as well. Brandt pulled off a sweatshirt to unveil a Cousins No. 8 jersey
when announcing his selection.

“It’s … good content on a Wednesday morning when they’re trying to fill a segment,” Cousins said about the predictions.
For
what it’s worth, Brandt said he wanted to pick a “totally unforeseen,
head-scratcher type of MVP.” He pointed to 2002, when former Vikings
quarterback Rich Gannon came out of nowhere to be named MVP for the
Oakland Raiders.
Brandt said Cousins “has the weapons, he has the experience, he has
the new coach” to win the award. The new coach is offensive-minded Kevin
O’Connell, and Cousins made note of some of the other top Vikings
players when asked about the MVP predictions.
“It’s about the
Vikings as a team being in a good place (and) they’re excited about
(running back) Dalvin Cook and (wide receivers) Adam Thielen and Justin
Jefferson and (edge rushers) Za’Darius Smith and Danielle Hunter,”
Cousins said. “I know that, for me, team is how I’m able to have success
at the quarterback position.
“(Winning the MVP is) the farthest
thing from our minds. The Green Bay Packers and finding a way to beat
them is really all that we’re focused on.”
The Vikings open the
season against the Packers at 3:25 p.m. Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Cousins is fired up about going against the rival that has won four
straight NFC North titles.

Cousins winning an MVP with Bradbury in front of him>?

Seriously?