Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings open to trading Mattison
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
So what draft compensation would all of us be happy with?

A 5th?  4th? 

I doubt anyone offers more than a 4th rounder...Even that might be wishful thinking. 
Working for us is that he was a 3rd rounder who has every bit lived up to his draft slot. He's only 24 years old with very low mileage and still on a very cheap rookie contract. Plus the bit about comp pick above almost ensures we won't settle for a late rounder. I would say 3rd is the highest, but 4th might be the lowest. 

Well the comp pick would slot at the end of the 4th so even a 4th from some team is a higher pick.   A team would have to want a backup rb bad to give up a 3rd, doesn't seem likely.   

Quote: @comet52 said:
Well the comp pick would slot at the end of the 4th so even a 4th from some team is a higher pick.   A team would have to want a backup rb bad to give up a 3rd, doesn't seem likely.   
If a team is going to trade for Mattison at all, it would be for him to at least compete for the starting job. And there are several teams out there who need an upgrade at starting RB.

Could a possible trade include a player of need versus a draft pick? Of course, center comes to mind, but what team is going to give up a starting caliber center at this time of year unless they have two. Are there any teams sitting on two decent centers that could start on the Vikes and has a need for a RB?

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
Could a possible trade include a player of need versus a draft pick? Of course, center comes to mind, but what team is going to give up a starting caliber center at this time of year unless they have two. Are there any teams sitting on two decent centers that could start on the Vikes and has a need for a RB?

Good point!! 

I dont know how many teams have starting caliber centers sitting on their bench though? 

Just have to wonder, how many times this guy goes to hop in his vehicle & lands in the back seat…?!  Wink :p  

12 teams now? 

https://twitter.com/christomasson/status...66816?s=20&t=cU2V9oZQ8pNEYdS0AGIZaQ

Quote: If the Vikings keep him they get to use him and keep the option to resign him in 2023.

If he leaves as a UFA after this season, the Vikings likely get a 5-7th round compensatory pick.

Keep Mattison!

Solid point by Braun. But if this is the case, just keep him. Also, I can't help but wonder if Mattison isn't partly pushing this. He wants to be a RB1 and he knows the Vikings might be very tempted to use Chandler, at least in part, as Cook's relief, diminishing his value in a contract year. 

https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...60960?s=20&t=3HxB5O1eJJ2CPaH-IGg0Qg