Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings open to trading Mattison

I cant believe they'd get anywhere near the value he could bring for 1 more year behind Dalvin. 

And we know Dalvin is going to miss some games...Thats probably the truth vs just being negative. 

RB is probably the deepest position group we have. Makes me wonder if the addition of Chandler changed things a bunch? 

I think Chandler definitely changed the math in that they feel like they are still effective if Mattison goes. For Mattison, I think it would be a good thing. He deserves a chance to start and he’ll likely be a very good back in that role. There are certainly teams who will not field a back of his ability as it is. I would think they’d get an offer or two. How good they are remains to be seen.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I cant believe they'd get anywhere near the value he could bring for 1 more year behind Dalvin. 

And we know Dalvin is going to miss some games...Thats probably the truth vs just being negative. 

RB is probably the deepest position group we have. Makes me wonder if the addition of Chandler changed things a bunch? 
Maybe a little with the Chandler thing, but I believe Minnesota only will trade Mattison for a very good offer. That may never come. Like you mention, his worth is big for the Vikings this year. But some team might step up and with all the RB depth on this team, then it makes sense. 

You also leak this type of rumor when you are trying to set up a bidding war.

I think they love Chandler. And also love the promise of what Kene could do in special packages. I'd feel a lot better going into the season with Mattison as our RB2, but he could probably start for a handful of teams. And if one of those teams wants to pay for that, I'd listen too.  

So what draft compensation would all of us be happy with?

A 5th?  4th? 

I doubt anyone offers more than a 4th rounder...Even that might be wishful thinking. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
So what draft compensation would all of us be happy with?

A 5th?  4th? 

I doubt anyone offers more than a 4th rounder...Even that might be wishful thinking. 
It would have to be a 4th, IMO.