Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you get anymore Mond vs Mannion clarity last night?
I don’t think it’s even worth debating the third string QB

Neither one looked confident and in control (watching body language and facial expressions).  Mond had a deer in the headlights look in between plays.  Mannion was flat out inconsistent with his throws..spot on and then behind or over the top on another.  My prediction:  they'll keep Mullens as the #2 QB, cut both Mond and Mannion and re-sign Mond to the Practice Squad for more long-term evaluation.  Mond has more upside than Mannion.  Mullens is a bona fide serviceable backup, neither Mannion nor Mond are today.

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
Neither one looked confident and in control (watching body language and facial expressions).  Mond had a deer in the headlights look in between plays.  Mannion was flat out inconsistent with his throws..spot on and then behind or over the top on another.  My prediction:  they'll keep Mullens as the #2 QB, cut both Mond and Mannion and re-sign Mond to the Practice Squad for more long-term evaluation.  Mond has more upside than Mannion.  Mullens is a bona fide serviceable backup, neither Mannion nor Mond are today.
^This.

Another year in the incubator isn't gonna matter. 

With Mullens traded here to actually be a viable #2 QB, why in the hell would the team keep Mannion? The #3 should always be some long shot with upside, not a vet who looks like hot dog shit on the football field. Just cut his ass.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
With Mullens traded here to actually be a viable #2 QB, why in the hell would the team keep Mannion? The #3 should always be some long shot with upside, not a vet who looks like hot dog shit on the football field. Just cut his ass.
Agree completely 

Yes, neither are the answer. 

Mond has some value as a #3.  Mannion should be working at Fleet n Farm.

if cut Mond will be on the roster of a crappy team. if he makes it to the PS i would be astonished. 

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
Yes, neither are the answer. 

Mond has some value as a #3.  Mannion should be working at Fleet n Farm.

The purple tinted idea  of Mond showing up looking  like Wilson or Prescott , has completely  turned to shit. Just sayin'

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
I had the same impression in Mond and it was depressing.  No swagger at all.  Seems totally beaten down.  Hard to say whether he once had swagger and it has been surgically removed.  Funny, in all the video I had seen of Mond previously (not a lot), he had a very engaging smile and persona.  But during the game (especially between plays as you note) that was all gone.  He did not look like he was having any fun or had any joy in playing.

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
I think they're going to keep Mannion and cut Mond.  On Purple Daily last week they said that the practice before the SF game Kirk's wife and father were there cheering on Mannion.  Then this week, the first practice after the Mullens trade (Wednesday I think), Mannion took all the 2nd team reps (Mullens wasn't practicing yet).  

I think Mannion stays over Mond because KOC and Kwesi are worried Kirk will have a hissy fit if it's Mannion who gets whacked.
Well I was half right.  Wasn't expecting both to get cut.  I suppose now we hope Mond gets to the PS.