Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The immediate needs after two preseason games
Someone on another board I read suggested Mattison to Pittsburgh for Mason Rudolph.    Seems like a good idea.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Someone on another board I read suggested Mattison to Pittsburgh for Mason Rudolph.    Seems like a good idea.
Why would the Vikings want Rudolph?  This is the guy who can't beat out a rookie and Mitch Trubisky.  For the 3 years he has been in the league Rudolph has thrown 16 TDs and 11 interceptions with a completion percentage of 61.5.

[Image: eaa1ok80d4hb.jpeg]

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"comet52" said:
Why would the Vikings want Rudolph?  This is the guy who can't beat out a rookie and Mitch Trubisky.  For the 3 years he has been in the league Rudolph has thrown 16 TDs and 11 interceptions with a completion percentage of 61.5.
I suppose because he'd still be a big upgrade over Mannion. 

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxvlbS__0JDpv...Ahjx2_PomM

I’d still roll with Mond at this point and go through the growing pains if he has to start. He has raw talent, but desperately needs reps. He needs more exposure to different defenses. 
One thing we need to remember - if Mond starts during the season the coaches will have an offense tailored to his skill set. What he’s running now is more standard for a drop back passer. He’s not that at this point. By taking advantage of what he dies well, it can help reduce costly mistakes. 
Young QB’s are frustrating. Even the highly touted can really struggle their first couple of years. Even the greats like Peyton Manning struggled in his early games. It’s all part of the learning curve. 
Preseason also brings a constantly changing rotation. It’s difficult to get in a rhythm knowing you’ll be pulled in and out all game. We can win some games with Mond if the rest of the team performs. Mannion not so much.

Just go down to any local park, you can take your choice out of 10 players better than what we have.