Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The immediate needs after two preseason games
Obvious. TE #2 and QB #2. Hell, maybe TE #1 if Irv can't stay healthy. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Obvious. TE #2 and QB #2. Hell, maybe TE #1 if Irv can't stay healthy. 
I was thinking as i watched the game,  sure could have used a Conklin about now.

QB2. This, all day long. Every other position can be replaced, mitigated, schematically adjusted, without a serious impact on the season.  Cousins goes down and it's over. There's just no two ways around that. 

There are three solid QBs competing for the top job in Pittsburgh. Trade for the one who finishes 3rd.

If we are going to trade for a player it better be a guy that can compete for the 1 spot in a year,  otherwise grab a free agent or two and hope for the best.  We will need all the picks we can get to move up next year for a shot at a real future QB1.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
If we are going to trade for a player it better be a guy that can compete for the 1 spot in a year,  otherwise grab a free agent or two and hope for the best.  We will need all the picks we can get to move up next year for a shot at a real future QB1.
I don't think they are going to trade for anyone. I think they will wait until final cuts and pick up some schmoe, who will likely be better than what they have. They will play the wait and see game and if Kirk goes down they will consider a trade. I think they will try to preserve their draft picks if Kirk stays healthy. Hate to say it but, I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep Mannion at QB2. Disappointed, yes. Surprised, no!

I think they're going to go with Manion - thats my bet. 

Mond has made some strides, but not enough - not nearly enough. 

Mond, Mannion… hopefully there’s a door number 3. If Kirk goes down we’re toast but it’d still be nice to have SOMEONE to come in and have at least a snowball’s chance of scoring points. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Mond, Mannion… hopefully there’s a door number 3. If Kirk goes down we’re toast but it’d still be nice to have SOMEONE to come in and have at least a snowball’s chance of scoring points. 
If Cousins goes down the season is pretty much over...

One step forward, two steps back.

I was really hoping to see a positive outing from Mond. Obviously wasn't what we saw.

Time for the Vikes to go shopping. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@pattersaur said:
If Cousins goes down the season is pretty much over...
True, but same thing for Green Bay, and most other teams.  Rodgers goes down, they are toast!