Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ty Chandler was a bright spot on Sunday
Interesting how you can still benefit as an offense with balance, but the rb/tail-back spot has been so devalued $ wise so quickly...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Interesting how you can still benefit as an offense with balance, but the rb/tail-back spot has been so devalued $ wise so quickly...
Part of it is every year a bunch of good candidates are available in the Draft. And they can be taken outside of the first 2 rounds and still be talented. 

Showing some nice vision here...

https://twitter.com/Krauserrific/status/...03841?s=20&t=P84tQ-4019xyfEeuT2lwcA

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Mattison would net maybe a 6th or 7th round pick? Probably better to just keep him around and then part ways after the season. Was cool to see the young guys flash too though. RB room is looking solid and I agree, we'll likely keep all 4 on the team unless something drastic happens between now and final 53 day.
5 players in the back field?  got to count Ham in there as well and the way it sounded he would likely have a role in KOCs plans.  I would agree to hang onto Mattison, but if you can get a day 2 pick for him,  thats likely all you would get at best in a comp pick if he signs as a free agent next year,  I say take that pick and get the other 2 ready.  I see Fast Kene being a gadget guy in the offense, not necessarily a full time option if DC were to have his annual issues,  so it would be good to get Chandler more reps to take that primary load in Cooks absence and FK could still maintain his role.  

Chandler is more of instinctual runner compared to Kenny. I like Kenny, but Chandler is way more effective with his vision and the ability to make tacklers miss. IMO, he has the skill set to be a starting RB in this league with more seasoning and experience. Kenny seems more situational where you can exploit his speed in certain matchups vs. an every down back. 
We need to start preparing for life after Cook, and I'm not convinced that Mattison is anything special. 

Quote: @TBro said:
Chandler is more of instinctual runner compared to Kenny. I like Kenny, but Chandler is way more effective with his vision and the ability to make tacklers miss. IMO, he has the skill set to be a starting RB in this league with more seasoning and experience. Kenny seems more situational where you can exploit his speed in certain matchups vs. an every down back. 
We need to start preparing for life after Cook, and I'm not convinced that Mattison is anything special. 
I think Mattison could start for a handful of teams. But I agree he's not special. Not Dalvin special anyway.

Also agree that Chandler is a better, more instinctive back than Kenny. But Kenny's burst is incredible. I hope KOC has situational packages for both of them. 

I want to see Cook and Kene on the field at the same time.  Kene flexing out of the backfield into motion.  Either pressing a LB down the field, taking a swing pass/screen, or being a counter distraction for Cook.

If Irv pans out, there is so much talent on this offense.  

Go get Tretter and solidify the OL.  Jet, Adam, Kene, Irv, Cook, KJ, this is a top 5 offense

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@pattersaur said:
Mattison would net maybe a 6th or 7th round pick? Probably better to just keep him around and then part ways after the season. Was cool to see the young guys flash too though. RB room is looking solid and I agree, we'll likely keep all 4 on the team unless something drastic happens between now and final 53 day.
5 players in the back field?  got to count Ham in there as well and the way it sounded he would likely have a role in KOCs plans.  I would agree to hang onto Mattison, but if you can get a day 2 pick for him,  thats likely all you would get at best in a comp pick if he signs as a free agent next year,  I say take that pick and get the other 2 ready.  I see Fast Kene being a gadget guy in the offense, not necessarily a full time option if DC were to have his annual issues,  so it would be good to get Chandler more reps to take that primary load in Cooks absence and FK could still maintain his role.  

I kind of forgot about Ham. A lot can happen in 3 more preseason games. Maybe Chandler comes back down to earth and they try to stash him, but if he has three more great games I’m just not sure how you risk letting another team grab him. Mattison is a proven solid player in the league but with this likely being his last year here… hmm. Chandler may force a tough decision. First thing first let’s see how tomorrow night goes. 

RB is probably the least concerning positions on this team unless the Cook incident resurfaces then we will need someone to step up.

Quote: @minny65 said:
RB is probably the least concerning positions on this team unless the Cook incident resurfaces then we will need someone to step up.
I am going to assume that DC misses time this year and our #2 back sees a fair amount of snaps.