Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowherd High
Oh great, the media is starting to "love" the Vikes... we're doomed now.  :p

SKOL!

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Lol. He is definitely high with that ridiculous prediction with a new coaching staff. 
My only fear with the new coaching staff is that they don't recognize if/when Cousins, et al are struggling with the new system and don't adjust by simplifying the reads...at least temporarily until everyone is up and running the new offense smoothly. But they seem like smart guys, so we'll see...  

But out of curiosity, I looked up 1st year HC performances over the last several years....it's not as bad as one might think, especially when you consider most teams with new head coaches were likely very bad teams the year before. Hence the coaching change. 

But out of 80 1st year head coaches between 2008 and 2020, 25 made the playoffs. That's 31%. Not too shabby. 

Good thing Game 1 is only against the Green Bay Packers... :p

I think that's a perfect game to establish a changing of the guard at the top of the division. Packers defense looks really good and Rodgers will be Rodgers, but that offense won't have the same bite without Adams. Their line will take a small step back too.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Lol. He is definitely high with that ridiculous prediction with a new coaching staff. 
My only fear with the new coaching staff is that they don't recognize if/when Cousins, et al are struggling with the new system and don't adjust by simplifying the reads...at least temporarily until everyone is up and running the new offense smoothly. But they seem like smart guys, so we'll see...  

But out of curiosity, I looked up 1st year HC performances over the last several years....it's not as bad as one might think, especially when you consider most teams with new head coaches were likely very bad teams the year before. Hence the coaching change. 

But out of 80 1st year head coaches between 2008 and 2020, 25 made the playoffs. That's 31%. Not too shabby. 

Good thing Game 1 is only against the Green Bay Packers... :p

I think that's a perfect game to establish a changing of the guard at the top of the division. Packers defense looks really good and Rodgers will be Rodgers, but that offense won't have the same bite without Adams. Their line will take a small step back too.
of course that is also the game our D is most likely to look like complete ass since that will be their first trial in the new 34 against live bullets... and Rodgers is rarely  stumped by less than the best of defensive schemes.  hes just seen to many different things over the years.  I dont see the season starting with a win unless its a barn burner race to 50.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Oh great, the media is starting to "love" the Vikes... we're doomed now.  :p

SKOL!
Same thing I have been thinking, wish they were still ignoring the Vikes. Oh well, the fun's about to start y'all.

SKOL

Unlike most media opinionators, sounds like Cowherd might have actually looked at their rosters...

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/...17216?s=20&t=0mWUcAAbR2mcuHIuCVbUNw