Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really don't want Biden vs Trump in 24...
Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
there is no way the D's would nominate Biden is there?  I would like to say the same for the R's and Trump,  but Trumps popularity across the country is still significantly higher than Bidens.

I personally think it will be DeSantis.  He has done a good job with Florida since he took the helm and I think that will resonate with conservatives as well as many moderates,  and IMO its not the left or right that he needs to win,  its the middle 20% that decide these elections so he just needs to focus on common sense and not trying to carry the fringe element.
There are "whispers" of discontent with Biden among D's. But I dont see a Buttigieg having enough support to win team blue - lease not in 22. Maybe by 24??

Maybe they'll be someone else who isnt on the radar yet catch fire?
I absolutely don't see the appeal that some see in Mayor Pete.  He had his own controversies in the relatively small city of South Bend and seems extremely light on substance.  Is it just another virtue signal choice because he's gay or do you really believe he is the most qualified of the Dems?

Jimmy - I agree with you.  DeSanctis has much of the appeal of Trump and much more self control.  He's been battle tested by the media due to his high profile and has handled that quite well.

I'd still like to see someone more in the middle like Tulsi Gabbards...but not sure either party trusts her (which is a good thing for a third party guy like me).
I thought Gabbards was the strongest candidate for team blue during the 2020 primaries.  Not liberal enough for team blue and not conservative enough for team red.  A potentially good third party candidate or perhaps a  true unifier that may be able to successful in reducing acrimony and making progress in issues of concern.  I'm sure I would not agree with all her views but believe she is very intelligent, articulate person with tremendous leadership skills (much better than either major party candidate in 2020)/
thats how I felt, I ultimately ended up voting for Trump (because... well,  look around )  but I had convinced myself during the primaries that I had seen enough of Trumps poor leadership in trying to unite the country and Gabbard was the "blue" candidate that I could have gotten behind.   I dont agree with her on some pretty important issues,  but I think she would have put the country first and been one to actually try and work with the red team to make progress.

My prediction will be:

Trump feels a lot of legal heat (today was another fascinating day looking at Jan 6th).  Takes the route of a 2024 campaign to keep the cash flow coming and his hands out of shackles

50% of the republicans move on and push Desantis.  Ron is a qualified politician, but he ain't Trump.  Suing the Special Olympics, telling businesses what they can say and do, portrays big government over reach that will stick with him going towards 2024

Trump takes a backseat to no one, including Ron, and pushes the "Freedom" party.  Runs as an independent.  If he is alive in 2024, he is running.

Pete Buttiege takes the baton from Biden going to the primaries.  Pete is nuanced, compassionate, with a military background.  He's an attractive pick for sane midwesterners.  Garnered 4 years of Executive level experience that he didn't have going into 2020.

Gavin Newsom is ready for his moment as long as the woke left doesn't cannabalize him for being white or a man or straight and godforbid all 3.  He knows he has to take on Desantis and is already running ads in Florida.  California's performance beats Florida's on a significant amount of metrics (economic, covid, identifying with the general US population's opinions on social issues)

50/50 between Pete and Newsom for the democratic side.  

2024 Election:
Desantis (closest thing to classic Republican)
Trump (MAGA)
Newsom or Buttiege

Trump splits the GOP vote, Dems win the popular by 8 million votes (won by 3 million in 16, 7 million 20), but it's some state voting fuckery that creates a potential nightmare for everyone.  

There is no way Trump goes away silently.  He and his cronies already have targets on RINOs and it won't end well for the party.

November 2024, Gavin Newsom is the President of the United States

It damn well better not be Trump. We cant possibly be that stupid can we?

What about a DeSantis/Nikki Haley ticket?

I'm not too aligned with all the Fl gov preaches, but he's the lesser of evils from my perch. Like I said earlier, not sure he's got the stomach or Kahuna's to throw his hat in the ring. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

I'm not too aligned with all the Fl gov preaches, but he's the lesser of evils from my perch. Like I said earlier, not sure he's got the stomach or Kahuna's to throw his hat in the ring. 
I dont know much about Haley, I think our Lady Gov over here has been angling for a VP nod in 24,  but I would have a hard time with that one.  She does some really good things,  but then turns around and does some really stupid shit that makes me think she is just another swamp thing.

That would be a good ticket but I would think that DeSantis would pick somebody from the Senate or Congress or someone who knows their way around Washington since he's an outsider.   Think Reagan / Bush, Carter / Mondale, Clinton / Gore, Obama/Biden.  I realize that Haley spent two years there as the UN Ambassador but is that enough?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

I dont know much about Haley, I think our Lady Gov over here has been angling for a VP nod in 24,  but I would have a hard time with that one.  She does some really good things,  but then turns around and does some really stupid shit that makes me think she is just another swamp thing.
Like having a rape victim 10 year old have to have a child because of the state's faith?  Breaking the rules for her daughter's real estate license?  

Yeah, pretty fucking stupid.  It doesn't start there and doesn't end there.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Like having a rape victim 10 year old have to have a child because of the state's faith?  Breaking the rules for her daughter's real estate license?  

Yeah, pretty fucking stupid.  It doesn't start there and doesn't end there.
the state abortion laws has nothing to do with the states faith, not all Christians have the same views on abortion,  its more about the fact that the vast majority of the murdered babies are for convenience and not the 1% or less that are the result of rape or incest.  I however have always said I would allow exceptions in the first 45 days for cases of reported rape, and incest, as well as any case where the mothers life is at risk.

as far as the rest of your statement,  I can go along with that.  its her nepotism as well as her use of the state to build he political position nationally.  she did some shit as a member of congress that had me looking to vote blue after her first term in DC,  but her opponent was a more worthless turd than she was.  

He is too much on the authoritarian sided for me, but is a better option than Trump for sure.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
My prediction will be:

Trump feels a lot of legal heat (today was another fascinating day looking at Jan 6th).  Takes the route of a 2024 campaign to keep the cash flow coming and his hands out of shackles

50% of the republicans move on and push Desantis.  Ron is a qualified politician, but he ain't Trump.  Suing the Special Olympics, telling businesses what they can say and do, portrays big government over reach that will stick with him going towards 2024

Trump takes a backseat to no one, including Ron, and pushes the "Freedom" party.  Runs as an independent.  If he is alive in 2024, he is running.

Pete Buttiege takes the baton from Biden going to the primaries.  Pete is nuanced, compassionate, with a military background.  He's an attractive pick for sane midwesterners.  Garnered 4 years of Executive level experience that he didn't have going into 2020.

Gavin Newsom is ready for his moment as long as the woke left doesn't cannabalize him for being white or a man or straight and godforbid all 3.  He knows he has to take on Desantis and is already running ads in Florida.  California's performance beats Florida's on a significant amount of metrics (economic, covid, identifying with the general US population's opinions on social issues)

50/50 between Pete and Newsom for the democratic side.  

2024 Election:
Desantis (closest thing to classic Republican)
Trump (MAGA)
Newsom or Buttiege

Trump splits the GOP vote, Dems win the popular by 8 million votes (won by 3 million in 16, 7 million 20), but it's some state voting fuckery that creates a potential nightmare for everyone.  

There is no way Trump goes away silently.  He and his cronies already have targets on RINOs and it won't end well for the party.

November 2024, Gavin Newsom is the President of the United States
Never thought I would live to see the day when someone thought Newsom would be called a good option.

But the internet never ceases to be amazing for all the wrong reasons.