Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roe v Wade struck down by SCOTUS
The majority of the people support the right to choose. This was an incompetent ruling.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"badgervike" said:
Roe never should have been decided in the first place.  It's not the Supreme Court's role to make law...which is what Roe did.  If you want Federal abortion protection...than do it the right way and pass it in Congress.  That's where it should have been decided in the first place.  If it's universally supported, it will pass.   If not....well...than maybe the will of the people have spoken. 
This is hilarious. Please. Our congress 'speaks' for the people?? When did that start?? Its not only majority supported here in this country, but worldwide.

Listen, you can not approve of abortion personally....its your opinion.....but don't come with this weak sauce because you are anti-abortion and this now fits your narrative.
Actually Sticky..I'm pretty moderate on this subject.  I'm not anti-abortion but I certainly am anti killing babies.  We can have a debate about when a life begins but certainly when politicians like Hillary Clinton say they support Abortion without limitations...it's hurt the cause over the years.  Some have doubled down and said they support abortion right up to birth.  I've spent enough time volunteering in the inner city to have a realistic viewpoint about the subject.  We've made it way too easy to throw away a human life...it's become disposable like many other things in our society.  Having an abortion should be the hardest decision someone ever makes.  That hasn't been the case for quite a while.  
Why? They're loud, they stink, and they're completely useless around the house. 

Sorry, make a stupid comment, get a stupid answer. Still, I think you're smart enough to know Hillary Clinton does not support abortion without limitations. She supports late-term abortions only when the life and health of the mother are at stake, which is a pretty widely-held stance, and which I'm guessing most all of us agree with. I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with that. 
Speaking of stupid answers, your post is full of them.  There are several democrat governors that go way beyond the "health" of the mother.  Even to infanticide.  And the health of the mother is such a nebulous term, means whatever the docs want it to mean.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
The majority of the people support the right to choose. This was an incompetent ruling.
Why, because you disagree with it?

The original Roe v Wade was incompetent.  That is what this ruling points out.

It's not the role of the Courts to make law.  They actually righted an incompetent (and activist) ruling.  It's their role to interpret law.  As I said above, if the majority of people support abortion rights...than pass it in Congress.

And when Roe was decided...there was very little support for Abortion rights and in fact the vast majority of States had laws limiting or making abortions illegal.  Supreme court is tasked with deciding on law and not the Court of public opition.

Absolutely disgusting day for women everywhere. Bodily autonomy is still a fight, the power of self-determination is gone for many. Look for increase in poverty, child abuse, domestic violence, lack of access to care and self-induced abortion. 
Shouldn't that be "menstruating person"?  Don't want you getting in trouble with the Woke pollice given the OP on this thread stated "So disgusted by the righrwing extremists forcing their wacko beliefs on everyone."

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Absolutely disgusting day for women everywhere. Bodily autonomy is still a fight, the power of self-determination is gone for many. Look for increase in poverty, child abuse, domestic violence, lack of access to care and self-induced abortion. 
Shouldn't that be "menstruating person"?  Don't want you getting in trouble with the Woke pollice given the OP on this thread stated "So disgusted by the righrwing extremists forcing their wacko beliefs on everyone."
Jesus there are some dumbshits on this board. 

Only Idaho has a rape/incest exception because revictimization is apparently acceptable.