Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nailor- just looks like a nfl player
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Still, Vikings are pretty good at WR with the top 3 set. Hard to see Nailor breaking out of the lower group with ISM, Bisi, Proehl, and Chisena.
ISM right now is his own group.  Below the top 3 but definitely above Bisi/Proehl/Chisena.  Nailor will be fighting for the 5-6 WR spot.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I think my worry still is we lose a lot on offense if either one of starting receivers go down. Thielen is 32 and missing time every year with injury. KJ Osborn or Bisi Johnson aren't scaring anybody. I'm hoping at this point that Smith-Marsette takes a huge leap in his second year because he's got some raw talent. Otherwise it's a receiver group with a lot of camp bodies. Still some interesting names out there in free agency; OBJ, Jarvis Landry, and I still think Will Fuller would be perfect 
How many 3rd WRs in the NFL scare you? I can't think of too many teams with a clearly better WR3. Bengals with Boyd is one, but that's about it. Financially, it's hard for teams to keep good WR trios together. At least one of them has to be on a rookie deal. Witness AB gone in Tampa, Woods out in LA, Beasley out in Buffalo, Cooper gone in Dallas. 

I also think you're underrating KJ Osborne. He had 655 yards and 7 TDs last season. I know Thielen missed a couple games, but that's better than Jake Reed's best season as a WR3. 

Quote: @RS Express said:
@MaroonBells said:
Still, Vikings are pretty good at WR with the top 3 set. Hard to see Nailor breaking out of the lower group with ISM, Bisi, Proehl, and Chisena.
ISM right now is his own group.  Below the top 3 but definitely above Bisi/Proehl/Chisena.  Nailor will be fighting for the 5-6 WR spot.
From a physical skills perspective, yeah....ISM is a cut above the group at the #3 spot. But he needs some polish and refinement at the position for sure. 

Quote: @RS Express said:
@MaroonBells said:
I think ISM has that potential, but I don't think he's done anything yet to move him out of that group with the rest. If he can have a KJO-like emergence in his 2nd season, the Vikings will be sitting pretty at WR. 

@supafreak84 said:
I think my worry still is we lose a lot on offense if either one of starting receivers go down. Thielen is 32 and missing time every year with injury. KJ Osborn or Bisi Johnson aren't scaring anybody. I'm hoping at this point that Smith-Marsette takes a huge leap in his second year because he's got some raw talent. Otherwise it's a receiver group with a lot of camp bodies. Still some interesting names out there in free agency; OBJ, Jarvis Landry, and I still think Will Fuller would be perfect 
How many 3rd WRs in the NFL scare you? I can't think of too many teams with a clearly better WR3. Bengals with Boyd is one, but that's about it. Financially, it's hard for teams to keep good WR trios together. At least one of them has to be on a rookie deal. Witness AB gone in Tampa, Woods out in LA, Beasley out in Buffalo, Cooper gone in Dallas. 

I also think you're underrating KJ Osborne. He had 655 yards and 7 TDs last season. I know Thielen missed a couple games, but that's better than Jake Reed's best season as a WR3. 

AB is out in Tampa but they signed Russell Gage for decent money. I wanna say 3/$30M so I wouldn’t cite them as a money cut to the WR room. The rest of your examples are true though for sure. 

KJ Osborne was very solid last year and hopefully we haven’t seen his ceiling.

I’m also hoping Nailor and ISM stick as the WR4-5. Maybe that’s a pipe dream for Nailor but Bisi screams “just a guy” to me and he’s better than the names behind him.

We should be alright on offense so long as Kirk and JJ stay healthy. One of them going down for extended time would be crushing to the team. 

@supafreak84 said:

It's just a depth thing. I don't know that I trust any of them to take on a starting role should one of the starters go down with injury. KJ came out of nowhere last year to have a decent season but I don't know that he'd be as affective starting. Marsette is a mystery after hardly playing as a rookie. Maybe if Irv Smith can stay healthy it would help offset all that? 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Biggest question with Nailor isn't talent...  it's can he stay healthy?  Dude was dinged a ton in college.
He reminds me of Diggs and that was Diggs prob when he dropped to the 5th

I definitely see the Diggs comparison. His routes already show some sophistication. If he’s a 4.5, he plays at that speed in pads. Again, his speed appears comparable to Diggs and plenty good for the NFL. I’ll definitely excited to see what he can do. He’s more interesting than most later round WR picks.

Nailor doesn't have Diggs's suddenness or speed.