Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nailor- just looks like a nfl player

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tTZCWKJpSj0

Keep your eye on this guy. if he has a solid head under the lid he has WR3 and even WR2 type ability.  Good short area quickness, some explosiveness,  good vision, decent looking routes, tough minded runner will stick his hat in you and fight for extra yards. 

I think he just looks like a player. 

Read somewhere that WR coach Keenan McCardell pounded the table for this guy.

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
Read somewhere that WR coach Keenan McCardell pounded the table for this guy.
Think I saw that, the implication was that there was an early WR pick that he was willing to give it up (Jameson??) but when Nailor was there he was all over it. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tTZCWKJpSj0

Keep your eye on this guy. if he has a solid head under the lid he has WR3 and even WR2 type ability.  Good short area quickness, some explosiveness,  good vision, decent looking routes, tough minded runner will stick his hat in you and fight for extra yards. 

I think he just looks like a player. 
Sounds like a lot of the traits Chris Carter had. Hope it works out.

Biggest question with Nailor isn't talent...  it's can he stay healthy?  Dude was dinged a ton in college.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Biggest question with Nailor isn't talent...  it's can he stay healthy?  Dude was dinged a ton in college.
Wonder if him seeking contact was a reason? SSS, but he seemed to enjoy it. 

With more multiple WR sets its going to be interesting to see who steps up. Thielen is missing time every year with injury, and I think KJ Osborn is just an average talent. We have no idea what we have in Smith-Marsette. Then we have Bisi Johnson and a bunch of dudes at that talent level. Nailor is undersized, ran a 4.5, and was dinged a lot himself in college. Someone is going to need to step up because there will be need and opportunity 

Not sure Nailor gives you anything different than Osborn or Bisi Johnson but he'll get a look. 

You see 4.5 and you think average speed, but he plays faster than that. He's got a nice burst to go with decent long speed. Was state champion 100 and 200M sprinter in high school and has a 4.39 on record. 

Still, Vikings are pretty good at WR with the top 3 set. Hard to see Nailor breaking out of the lower group with ISM, Bisi, Proehl, and Chisena.

I think my worry still is we lose a lot on offense if either one of starting receivers go down. Thielen is 32 and missing time every year with injury. KJ Osborn or Bisi Johnson aren't scaring anybody. I'm hoping at this point that Smith-Marsette takes a huge leap in his second year because he's got some raw talent. Otherwise it's a receiver group with a lot of camp bodies. Still some interesting names out there in free agency; OBJ, Jarvis Landry, and I still think Will Fuller would be perfect