Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope KC proves a lot of people wrong
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Zanary" said:
What's actually sad is that it's news that he has a head coach that speaks with him, this time around...!
Not defending Zimmer here,  but who has the better NFL resume,  Zimmer or Spielman?  If zim says the qb ain't gonna work and RS says he will....based on past experience,   who you gonna believe?  Zim was hired based on winning with the D,  he was close but the brain trust decided he needed a high dollar QB and yhat didn't produce and it cost him his D. Again,  not a defense of Zim not being a pro HC,   but at the same time  he was kinda killing it on D until they decided to dump all the cap space and draft picks into  the O.

One could also say his D was figured out.  Just look at the Philly NFCCG, his defense was in tact the next year but Philly showed how to play Zim and he did not learn to adjust.  The QB was an easy excuse for him.  Remember this is a guy that threw everyone under the bus saying they need to play better never taking the blame for not having the team prepared for big games.  Just look at his record against winning teams. I am in no way a Kirkistanian but I am more than willing to give Kirk a year with KOC and see if he can put it together.  I

Quote: @"JR44" said:
How many NFL QBs would make headlines by sitting in the front for a team meeting?  That is pretty sad that it is even a topic of discussion. 
But he was Center as well!!  Big difference front and center vs just front or center.  The best usually sit in the corner back for an easy exit....just saying...not meSmile

Definitely hope he can prove me wrong. Jared Goff had a couple good seasons in this system so I expect Kirk to have a high floor this year, like he always does. High ceiling? Ehhh that’s where I’m still skeptical but I’d love to see it.

Hopefully he gives the FO and preferably the fans too enough data one way or another that we’re either all in or all out after this season. I’m tired of “Stuck In The Middle With You”.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
How many NFL QBs would make headlines by sitting in the front for a team meeting?  That is pretty sad that it is even a topic of discussion. 
Headlines? Its Skor North, about as far from headlines as you can get. 

Quote: @"SDCAVIKESFAN" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Zanary" said:
What's actually sad is that it's news that he has a head coach that speaks with him, this time around...!
Not defending Zimmer here,  but who has the better NFL resume,  Zimmer or Spielman?  If zim says the qb ain't gonna work and RS says he will....based on past experience,   who you gonna believe?  Zim was hired based on winning with the D,  he was close but the brain trust decided he needed a high dollar QB and yhat didn't produce and it cost him his D. Again,  not a defense of Zim not being a pro HC,   but at the same time  he was kinda killing it on D until they decided to dump all the cap space and draft picks into  the O.

One could also say his D was figured out.  Just look at the Philly NFCCG, his defense was in tact the next year but Philly showed how to play Zim and he did not learn to adjust.  The QB was an easy excuse for him.  Remember this is a guy that threw everyone under the bus saying they need to play better never taking the blame for not having the team prepared for big games.  Just look at his record against winning teams. I am in no way a Kirkistanian but I am more than willing to give Kirk a year with KOC and see if he can put it together.  I
Figured out out his players failed?  Remember when they started free lancing?  I think zim could still scheme against anybody,  problem was that he couldn't scheme with average players at any level,  head no room for less than stellar play at every position IMO.  Sometimes the O just wins.  The last few years it was the inability to stop the run without stacking the box,  not having that young and healthy linval IMO was what derailed Zims defensive concepts.

I think there are going to be growing pains with Cousins as he learns the new offense. But his head coach is now the man behind the Xs and Os in his playbook. He's also his biggest advocate. That's going to make a big difference. 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"JR44" said:
But he was Center as well!!  Big difference front and center vs just front or center.  The best usually sit in the corner back for an easy exit....just saying...not meSmile
It actually makes sense he would be front and center, cause if he was to the left or right no one would be able to get around all the plexiglass!
[Image: o1c5g9prut9r.png]

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I think there are going to be growing pains with Cousins as he learns the new offense. But his head coach is now the man behind the Xs and Os in his playbook. He's also his biggest advocate. That's going to make a big difference. 

Couldn't disagree more.  Kirk stepped in his first year and put up great numbers when he signed.  He's been under a different OC every freaking year since.  Whats one more new OC other then we now have a coach who at a minimum says he's going to let Kirk do what Kirk does best, oh and Kirk and Kevin have open dialogue with each other.  Imagine what that could do?

I expect a ton of play action.  I expect a bunch of 11 personal.  I expect TE's to get plenty of looks.  I expect us to draft another receiver in rounds 1-3 maybe even at #12. 

I think we're sitting on a great team on the offensive side of the ball.  If we can just be average on defense then who know how lucky we get?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Couldn't disagree more.  Kirk stepped in his first year and put up great numbers when he signed.  He's been under a different OC every freaking year since.  Whats one more new OC other then we now have a coach who at a minimum says he's going to let Kirk do what Kirk does best, oh and Kirk and Kevin have open dialogue with each other.  Imagine what that could do?

I expect a ton of play action.  I expect a bunch of 11 personal.  I expect TE's to get plenty of looks.  I expect us to draft another receiver in rounds 1-3 maybe even at #12. 

I think we're sitting on a great team on the offensive side of the ball.  If we can just be average on defense then who know how lucky we get?

The difference is that Kirk ran basically the same offense for the last three years. From Stefanski to Klint Kubiak, this was basically Gary Kubiak's offense. This one is similar in concept, and is a branch from the same tree, but it's McVay's offense. I would expect at least some adjustment period. 

But I agree that upside for this offense is very high. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

The difference is that Kirk ran basically the same offense for the last three years. From Stefanski to Klint Kubiak, this was basically Gary Kubiak's offense. This one is similar in concept, and is a branch from the same tree, but it's McVay's offense. I would expect at least some adjustment period. 

But I agree that upside for this offense is very high. 

Me too!!

It will be interesting to see how the schedule shakes out...New system and coaches will take time. Hoping we get some home cooking earlier in the season - and end too Smile